Season 4 Chapter 70 Calamity Arrives

Start from the beginning

(Elsewhere)

Lili: That was close...

Lili muttered, ignoring the bead of sweat that was dripping down her chin. Before her eyes was a collapsed crystal floor. Far below, she could see the raging waterway. Her party had barely managed to escape disaster thus far as they ran through the crumbling twenty-fifth floor, explosions ringing out all around them and destroying anything resembling a road.

They didn't know how extensive the damage was, but they knew it was bad. In any case, it was no time to be fighting monsters, who were in the same situation as they were. The water paradise had become a ruined capital, and some routes were now impassable. Lili feared that until the Dungeon finished repairing itself, they would not be able to make it back to the passageway that led to the twenty-fourth floor.

Aisha: I'm worried about these explosions, but...!

Welf: That insanely high-pitched noise just a minute ago... Was that from the twenty-seventh floor?!

Mikoto: If that was an irregularity, then Sir Bell...?!

Aisha, Welf, and Mikoto were equally distraught.

Daphne: Cassandra! Cassandra! Pull yourself together!

Haruhime: Lady Cassandra?

But the healer was more upset than any of them. She was collapsed on the floor, unresponsive to Daphne, who was kneeling by her side and shaking her shoulder, or Haruhime, who was frantically calling her name. The strength had drained from her legs, and she gripped her head in both hands. Her face was white. Her blood had drained away to the point that her companions wondered whether it was possible for a person to sink that deeply into despair.

Rin: Sora...!

Muller: Hey...! Please...! Say something! You know what's going on... don't you?!

Even the Level 4 duo was pale as they begged an explanation from the Hero. But the Hero didn't say anything as he stare right above the ceiling of the dungeon. He was gripping his hand so tightly that blood started spilling from it.It was strange. Lili couldn't understand what had happened. Ouka and Welf felt the same as they looked on, holding their breath nervously. Their ability to think was dulled in the midst of the chaos. None of them could barely make out what Cassandra was saying.

Cassandra: n...un...

She was shrieking something over and over.

Cassandra: Run...!

(Elsewhere)

As the sound of shattering crystal rocks rang out, it silently appeared from within the fissure. Spawned from the wall of the cavern, it fell into the plunge pool with a tremendous splash.

 Spawned from the wall of the cavern, it fell into the plunge pool with a tremendous splash

Its newborn cry was an unpleasantly warm sigh. As the crashing sound of the Great Falls beat against its skin, the white mist veiled its silhouette. It neither howled nor roared a battle cry but instead swished its long tail and moved its two legs, sending ripples across the water's surface. Deep in its eye socket, a sinister crimson light glinted.