fin // always, my winter home

╔═══════ ❄ ◦ ❆ ◦ ❄ ═══════╗

fin
Always, My Winter Home

Olivia

By the end of winter, the warmth of the sun will always come back. Sunlight peeks in through the trees, leaving trails of dappled shadows on the frosty ground.

Like the end of this winter, I think my room will finally welcome sunlight again. Slowly.

Binagalan ko ang lakad, dinadama ang katahimikan at ang paghulog ng niyebe sa nakapalad kong kamay. The wind hushes like a serene lullaby. A few steps away await my home. There's a comforting feeling knowing that after a cold and tiring day of visiting the village, there's a cozy place where I can lie peacefully. Waiting for me is a hot cup of coffee, my crochets, and a heartwarming book— a gift from someone who've given me the same affection.

Pinagmamasdan ko ang paghulog na niyebe habang naglalakad at napahinto nang may mapansin. Enchanted and smiling, I stop to watch a stellar dendrite, ever so carefully, sway in the wind before descending in my palm like a crystal star.

"Olivia..."

Lumingon ako sa boses. The beauty of this snowflake resting in my hand is personified.

My heart beats calmly because in front of me is what I've been longing for every winter.

The mole on the right side of his lips raises as a smile tenderly forms on his lips. Protecting his body from the cold is the sweater that I've made. "Can I stay here... always?"

Hindi ko na kailangan pang mag-isip para sagutin 'yon.

"You're home."

The smile reaches his eyes. His hand carefully reaching for mine.

In this wintry season when heaven sprinkles us with beautiful snowflakes, our smile mirrors each other, and I can feel the warmth radiating through our soul.

This winter has passed us by. Still, standing close to each other, we watch as the last blossoming flower of spring falls into the ground of yellow, dried, and crisp leaves.

In any season, even if it's cold, raining, or blazing hot, our winter home waits for us.

❄ fin

160822//1100