Chapter 15: A Few Drinks Later...

Eisa and Yeji rejoined the group who had just finished putting all the food onto the large dining room table. Yeji asked Eisa to sit next to her and she was more than happy to oblige.

"So how did you get involved with these weirdos?" Yeji said as she sipped her glass of wine. Eisa was in the midst of taking a sip from her own glass when she choked on the drink.

"Well, it's kind of an interesting story. " She paused looking over at Chan. He sighed but nodded at her to continue. "I had just finished applying for my license to practice medicine, and was in the process of job hunting when I got an email." She took another large drink from her wine glass. " It was from my father's lawyer telling me my father had passed and I needed to come to Korea for the reading of his will. Except it wasn't that simple." Everyone apart from SKZ was watching her carefully, listening to her tale. "When I was picked up at the airport I was told that I was basically collateral for a debt my father had to SKZ. So, I was taken here and told that I needed to join their group and work off my father's debt." Yeji was the first to speak.

"Excuse me but what the fuck?" She directed this at Chan who held up his hands.

"We tried to get out of the contract but there was no way around it. We have been trying to make her feel as at home as possible." Yeji huffed and crossed her arms. She wasn't entirely happy with his response but she kept quiet.

"How do you feel about all of this, Eisa?" Mingi spoke from the other side of the table. Ateez and Itzy all had concerned looks on their faces.

"It must have been a shock. We were all born into this life so we can only imagine how you felt." Yuna gave her a sympathetic look touching her shoulder lightly.

"I haven't been here long, only a day really. I think despite what brought me here," She looked at Chan and the other members as she said this. " I think I can still do some good. Even if I am a part of a big scary crime family." She gave them a smile. Felix and Han gave her warm smiles in return. Changbin smirked. Seungmin nodded also giving her a smile.

"We know you can still do some good. We are happy to have you here." Chan smiled at her, his dimpled prominent on his face.

"Only a day here and you already feel that way. You gave her the best room in the house, didn't you?" Wooyoung looked at Changbin who laughed.

"I think it was all the medical tech that got her. Well, that and my stunning visuals." Changbin said proudly puffing out his chest.

"Sure it was, Baby Changbin." I.N. snickered from the opposite end of the table. Changbin looked like he wanted to retaliate but Chan shook his head still smiling.

"I mean the medical equipment is pretty awesome, not going to lie." Eisa chuckled causing the whole table to laugh.

"Well, hopefully, we can all get a bit closer now that you are here," San said looking at her so intently she had to look away blushing. Chan cleared his throat.

"Well since we are done with dinner, let's clean up and have some more drinks in the living room." Chan, Han, and Changbin all moved, grabbing dishes as they did. The rest of the group followed helping clean the table up.

Felix grabbed Eisa to help bring drinks into the living room. They found a few bottles of champagne and wine. They left the beer and soju for another day. The rest of the group meandered over, each grabbing a glass of their preference. Felix, Han, San, and Mingi lingered in the kitchen by the kitchen island while Eisa went to sit next to Itzy.

"Seems like you have an admirer." Ryujin nodded over to San who was looking in her direction. They made eye contact, and he gave a smile in her direction. "Be careful of that one."