Chapter 29: Realizations and Arrivals

The living room was still lively. Seungmin was pestering Changbin which caused Changbin to yell loudly. Chan, Hyunjin, and I.N. doubled over in laughter at the two men's exchange. Han was sitting closely with Lily, Felix, and Yuna, discussing his latest tech upgrades. The rest of Twice, NMIXX, and Itzy were animatedly accounting for their recent missions, trying to recall their most outrageous ones.

On the other side of the room, Mingi and Wooyoung were laughing at Changbin's yelling, laughing even harder as Changbin has finally had enough of Seunmin's antics. He chased Seungmin around the room threatening to take a page out of Minho's book and make Seungmin eat a box of tissues. The rest of the group was laughing at San and Seonghwa who were recounting a particularly hilarious mission they had been on recently.

The room continued this was for an hour after Eisa left the room. Han, who had finished boasting about his new tech set up looked over at Yeji and then at Chan.

"Eisa has been gone a while. Did she sneak back up to her room?" He then looked to Felix and Yuna, and both shrugged.

"Felix. Why don't you and Lily check the range to make sure they haven't killed each other? Knowing those two, I wouldn't be surprised to find Minho in a choke hold for saying something snarky to her." Chan pointed his thumb out of the room. Lily and Felix both nodded, leaving the group to look for their missing companions.

As they entered the basement hallway, Felix looked at Lily with an anxious expression. They paused for a moment, straining to hear any sound from either the range or the gym. The basement was silent.

"You don't actually think Eisa would hurt Minho, right?" Lily whispered to Felix who grimaced.

"Those two are like oil and water when they are together. Minho is always throwing out odd or snippy comments, usually about Eisa lacking some skill or not being suited for something. Eisa is always there to snip back, or I guess fight back is more like it." He sighed. "And I mean that literally. Changbin once caught them sparing after a particularly nasty argument. Minho thought he had Eisa, but she took him down. She put him in a hold and knocked him out."

"Okay, so silence right now is not good. Got it. " She looked around, peeking into the gun range's windowed door. "I think I see...oh my." Lily flushed pink.

"What?" Felix looked worried. "Are they fighting again? Did Eisa finally kill him?" He moved closer to Lily finally seeing what had caught her attention. "Oh...OH." He put his hand over his mouth as he saw Minho's arms encircling Eisa's shoulders, his head tucked into the crook of her neck. Felix and Lily were frozen, unable to process what to do next. They saw Minho pull back, his eyes never leaving Eisa's face. He leaned in and even from this angle, both Lily and Felix could tell that he had kissed her. Felix gasped causing Lily to clamp her hand on his open mouth. They both looked at each other and then back at the couple, only to be met with Minho's cold stare. Lily yelped, running quickly up the stairs, leaving poor Felix behind.

Too late Felix realized he was in trouble. Minho stalked to the door, making Felix jump and attempt to run after Lily who was already long gone. Minho grabbed Felix by the neck of his t-shirt. As he turned Felix to face him, he saw the guilty grin on the freckled man's face.

"Spying on people now, are we?" Minho said in a tone that was low, slightly threatening. Felix shook his head trying to break free from Minho's grasp. Unfortunately for him, Minho had a firm grip on the shirt, so it was either endure what Minho had planned or rip his shirt. This was his favorite shirt, one with a baby chicken baking on it, but faced with Minho, he was debating how much he truly liked it.

"Ch...Chan sent me and Lily to check where Eisa went. H...He was afraid that you two were at each other's throats again." Felix gave a weak smile. "Clearly that is not the case so I will just be off now. Please...uh...don't let me interrupt." Felix had a flush on his cheeks causing his freckles to stand out more prominently. Minho sighed releasing his grip on Felix's shirt.