Chapter 27: Gathering of Allies

Eisa was still asleep when Chan reached medical. He walked up to her and saw that she had a light sheen of sweat on her body. He pulled up the blankets that had pooled around her waist. As he did this, he saw her frown in her sleep, letting out a small whimper.

"Whatever she is dreaming about, its not good. We had to sedate her again when she woke up screaming from a nightmare." Yunho had come up to stand next to Chan, both men watching her as she rested in an uneasy dream state. Chan looked to Yunho who looked exhausted. There were dark circles under his eyes and those eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep.

"You should get some rest. I am pretty sure Seungmin will be alright to take over." Chan nudged Yunho with his shoulder making the taller man smile.

"Your damn right I am okay to do my job." Seungmin grumbled getting to his feet. He was limping slightly but apart from that he looked fine. "I could have been helping this whole time, but someone wanted me to just sit on my ass." He shot Chan a look before looking over Wooyoung and Eisa's vitals.

"What should we do about Eisa? It's clear that her waking up, without some sort of psychological help nearby, would not be wise." Chan smoothed the hair from Eisa's face, looking for a towel to wipe away some of the sweat.

"Yeji messaged me that NMIXX was coming? Lily would be our best bet to look after her. She has a degree in psychology and..." Lia looked uncomfortable for a moment before continuing, "She has dealt with this kind of trauma personally before." Chan looked up at Lia in confusion. This was the first he had heard of this. Lia sighed, sinking into a chair and closing her eyes. "This was years ago but she ran into a few members of 17 while on a solo mission. They, played with her and then dumped her near the Han. She was alive but scarred." Chan clenched his jaw, his teeth gritted at her words.

"Lily and I are close. This is the first I am hearing of it." He said not in an accusing tone but one that held traces of betrayal. Lia let out another long sigh.

"She was scared to tell you. You are like her big brother, and she knew the moment she told you; you would be armed to the teeth to get revenge. She knew you would be outnumbered if you tried to get revenge." Lia looked at Chan. "It wasn't that she didn't trust you. She didn't trust your anger, if that makes sense. She knew if she told you, you would see red and go off with no plan." She got up slowly heading for one of the empty beds. Before she closed her eyes to get some sleep, she looked over again. "Now we have a plan. We can get back at those bastards, all of them. We can make them pay for what they did to Lily and to Eisa." With that Lia closed her eyes and went to sleep. Chan remained seated next to Eisa, listening to her slow breathing. They would make all of them pay. One at a time but they would all pay dearly. He stood up and walked out of the room without a word. Minho and Changbin watched him silently as he did so.

"I am going to check with the rest of the teams. Are you going to keep an eye out here? " Changbin said rising to his feet and looking over at Minho who only nodded. Changbin gave him a brief squeeze on his shoulder and then moved out of the room.

Minho wouldn't leave. Not until she was awake.

Yeji sat in the kitchen, impatiently scrolling through social media. Twice and NMIXX were set to arrive soon, while BtoB were arriving in the morning. She agreed to wait for their new reinforcements to arrive, but the waiting was making her anxious. They had no idea if how their enemies would retaliate, and she only hoped they would be too injured to come after them soon.

"They are here!" Han's voice rang out from Chan's office making Yeji jump. Han and Felix ran into the room, skidding in their socks to stop just short of where Yeji was sitting. She gave them an annoyed look then stretched before getting up. "Sorry, Yeji. We just haven't seen Twice and NMIXX in so long." Han grinned sheepishly at Yeji who couldn't help but smile. Even given the state they were currently in, she was excited to see the girls too. It had been a while since all their allies got together like this.