Aunt Mikoto grew quiet and distant around the same time, and Obito had caught her punching someone in the streets, eyes burning red, after the Alpha had made a comment about the White Fang.

The Alpha had been sent to hospital after that one punch, all while Fukgaku struggled to drag Aunt Mikoto away when she began to draw her sword.

She rarely left the Uchiha Estate after that.

Kushina's, Aunt Mikoto's old team mate's, reputation for being a violent hothead grew worse that year. There were rumours of her destroying bars and beating people bloody.

Okay, things went a little wrong, but Obito was still a lucky Alpha.

Kakashi never warmed up to them again, no matter how much he and Rin tried. The only one who seemed to get through the coldness was Pakkun, but he was Kakashi's pack. Him and all Kakashi's ninken. They didn't count. Kakashi needed his mate.

Obito needed him too. His Alpha was sad and lonely and he didn't like it. It made Obito feel horrible.

Finally Obito graduated at nine, early due to the war, but by that point Kakashi was a Chunin who had been taught by Minato Sensei for a few years. The Alpha was kind, but his mate was annoying. Kushina was the worst Omega ever. Obito was a good and strong Alpha, not some little kid. She was such a pest.

Obito was lucky. Things were back to where they should be.

It felt amazing to have Kakashi and Rin at his side again. His mate and his best friend. Rin was just as delighted, and they had both noticed Kakashi soften, by just the smallest touch. It had lifted Obito's spirits.

But then Kannabi Bridge happened.

Kakashi became a Jonin at twelve. Still a pup! Not even gone through his first heat yet-

Obito learned what happened to the White Fang of Konoha. He learned exactly why Kakashi grew so cold and distant. Why Aunt Mikoto disliked speaking to people outside of her friends, and why Kushina's temper had grown even worse. Kakashi's father had saved his comrades, failing a mission to do so, and everyone had blamed Sakumo Hatake for it. Even those he had saved.

In the end being vilified by Konoha grew too much, and he took his own life.

Obito realised he wasn't as lucky as he thought. No, if he was then his Omega wouldn't have suffered so much.

Minato Sensei left them behind to go to the front lines, leaving Kakashi in charge. Rin was captured, and Kakashi said they needed to finish the mission. Obito nearly hit his mate, but his Alpha stopped him, stopped him from raising his fist. No, instead Obito charged off after Rin. But not before grabbing his mate and telling Kakashi what he really thought.

Obito was alone, then Kakashi came back. Kakashi lost his eye protecting him and Obito finally gained his Sharingan. He could finally help Kakashi. They managed to save Rin, but the enemy collapsed the cave on top of them. Kakashi nearly died due to his injury (the injury he got protecting Obito's reckless ass), but Obito caught him and threw him out the way of the boulders.

Obito left Kakashi behind with a gift, and an apology to Rin.

He didn't keep his promise to find her mate. Kakashi would have to do it instead on Obito's behalf. That was fine though. Kakashi and Rin were safe.

He died scared, blind and lonely, but relieved.

Then he didn't actually die. Madara Uchiha saved him.

And Obito realised that this world was Hell, and that he wasn't the luckiest boy in the world.

Rin committed suicide. She committed suicide using Kakashi. She had died to protect Konoha.

Fucking Konoha.

He realised anything could be taken away from him in a blink of an eye. Like Kakashi's father, and Obito's parents, and his best friend's life-

Obito was going to make the perfect world. He was going to make a world where his heart hadn't been ripped out of his chest after Rin's death. He was going to make a world where his Omega, his Kakashi, wouldn't be traumatised and throwing himself into mission after mission, trying to get himself killed while 'doing his duty for Konoha'. And Rin, their teammate, their friend, Obito's best friend, would live. She would get to grow old with them and have her own mate, and they'd all live happily with no more suffering.

Kakashi wouldn't spend his days haunting graves. Looking at the same names, over and over again.

Rin Nohara. Obito Uchiha. Sakumo Hatake. Rika Hatake.

Sakumo's and Rika's graves weren't even in the graveyard. Kakashi had to move them back to the Hatake Estate.

White Zetsu told him that people kept vandalising it during the war, so Kakashi had to move it. Then Konoha's people went after Rika Hatake's grave, so Kakashi had to move that too.

The thought had made Obito's blood boil.

People weren't safe even in death.

That's how badly this world needed saving from itself.

And he would save it.