Overload

I couldn't pry my gaze away from his eyes how I wanted to see the green hazels that used to be Ares

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I couldn't pry my gaze away from his eyes how I wanted to see the green hazels that used to be Ares. I had managed almost to save my world from war but somehow messed Ares up so bad he wasn't the person he used to be.

No, we messed each other up, and as Katerina melted with my Goddess, I felt tears roll down my face.

"Katerina."

My gaze blinked into his as he spoke with authority. Emotions, so many emotions it felt like my chest was caving in. Anger, Hatred, Sorrow, and even love were pushing against my mind.

"Yes?"

There wasn't anything I could do as I felt Katerina melting and meshing with me. Ares's breath washed over my face as he leaned closer, and I froze. One part of me wanted to move back, yet another wanted to lean forward.

I wasn't sure what part of myself to listen to as I watched his face changed from a smirk to a straight line.

"Stop struggling with this, your mine. You've always been mine."

My head fell as my mind raced. What was his goal in all this? He was to take the throne. Why push my mind to accept things I didn't want? I could smell a mix of his strong lycan scent mixed with hints of the old Ares as my eyes burned with unshed tears.

He was messing with me on purpose. As if this was all my fault for refusing him! I could see myself with him if he wasn't such an arrogant pig.

Strong fingers connected under my chin and forced my face up to meet a bright gold pair of eyes full of amusement, and I narrowed my blues at them.

"You're impossible... why are you playing this game? Why can't you just let Katerina free?"

My jaw clenched, my anger rising in my veins, smothering my chest in heavy pressure, and I swung before I realized what I had done until I saw his head facing away from mine. A growl roared threw the room, and his strong hand enclosed my throat. I didn't flinch, Katerina did inside me, but I stood as he squeezed my neck in anger. I was scared, and fear had washed over my body as I watched his gold eyes, now rimmed in red, before my face, but I refused to show it.

The chills washed over my skin in heavy and harsh waves. Ares squeezed so hard I coughed as he pushed my body against the wall opposite where we once stood in the room in a mere flash. His face was so close, one hand on my neck, the other holding my hip against the wall, and I couldn't help the rough chuckle that slipped threw my lips.

I blinked as the world spun slowly around me, the fine hairs on my body raised, and Katerina screamed inside my head.

I can't breathe!

At this moment, I realized that was what he wanted, a fight. So I smirked before narrowing my eyes and spitting at him. Saliva landed on his left cheek, his eyes widening before narrowing to slits, and I finally flinched as his fist came in contact with my right cheek.

I can't breathe! What have I done?

I cursed inwardly at Katerina's babbling and let the pain radiate threw my body. Then, pushing my power to the throbbing ache, I took a giant breath and focused on healing what seemed to be a fractured eye socket. Unfortunately, that took more oxygen from my trembling lungs, and my vision blinked black several times.

"You stupid bitch. All I wanted was for you to let Katerina back out."

Another punch landed, but this time in my ribs, and my eyes rolled into the back of my head as I tried to gasp for air.

"Cow-ard."

gasp after gasp left my mouth as his grip increased, but I was proud I finally got a word out. His fist stopped seconds before landing another blow, and his face leaned down towards mine.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

He had a sinister smirk as he bumped his nose with my own and loosened his grip on my neck slightly.

"I said. You're a - Coward! My Ares would never- treat me like this."

His face fell as he backed up from me. Face cold and distant as stone in the winter. I watched him slowly release my neck and back away from my gasping form. My body leaned forward, taking huge breaths of air, gripping my neck as it burned, and peered at him as he began to pace back and forth.

There was a slouch to his posture I hadn't seen in weeks as he paced faster and faster. It almost reminded me of Ares before he let his other side take over, and I debated whether to walk near him or retreat.

You've broken him! Again! Damn it, why won't you just let me out!?

Cursing Katerina, I felt my feet sauntering without consent, and I sighed as I grew closer to the man in front of me. I knew my Goddess side had hurt him, and she knew it too as my hand made contact with his shoulder, halting his movements.

"Ares, can you hear me?"

His body grew ridged, and I let a small smile grace my lips.

"I can't let her take control or mesh with me. It would be an emotional overload that would crush her and me. Do you understand?"

Ares's body flinched as I tightened my grip on his shoulder and a single tear from my eye.

"I can't let her out until the time is right. She's scared, though, terrified of what you have become. I am sorry if I drove you to this. But, unfortunately, it's not time for her to interwind with me, and I apologize for not being strong enough yet."

He turned quickly and grabbed my shoulders as he pressed his forehead to mine. His eyes were tightly closed, and his breathing was erratic against my face.

"She loves you, Ares. Katerina loves you, even your lycan, but you are scaring her, and the longer she is scared, the longer for Katerina and me to be ready to be one."

His eyes opened slightly, but his grip on my shoulders never gave an inch.

"Don't lie to him."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.