Hate Me So Sweetly

ONE HOUR BEFORE

ONE HOUR BEFORE

I had raced away from the one I loved and my living corpse of a father. I couldn't stomach it anymore... I had destroyed her.

My father's words echoed in my mind over and over. I wasn't worthy of her, I shouldn't have her or harm her any further and I had a plan to fix what I had done. Step one was, to destroy all that reminded me of her.

My mind raced to all the times we had after I had finally gotten to her at that club. Her scent intoxicating, so much I had watched her for a good hour just taking her in before making my presence known. The way she moved, talked hell even breathed was something so magical to my soul and I felt the pull even now to stop what I was doing and run back to her.

But I couldn't as I ran and ignored my pounding heart. I had one mission in my mind and just like anything else I wouldn't stop till I accomplished it.

To set her free, I had to destroy the one place that reminded me of her, my mother's home...

As suspected the home come into view and I raced up the steps to be stopped by a furious-looking Vivian. Her hands arched on her hips in the most motherly way that had my inner wolf chuckling.

"Ares Gabriel Knight, what on earth do you think you're doing?"

I didn't know how to respond so I didn't, I pushed pasted her and walked into the entrance of my mother's home. The run down home radiated not only memories of my mother before she perished and my father but of Katerina and I let out a growl as I began to knock things over and throw things at the walls.

My claws extended as I racked them over furniture and walls. Soon I stopped breathing in pants, my skin crawled with emotions and power. My inner beast commanded me to stop but I couldn't. How else was I supposed to put right what I had wronged?

"ARES!"

My body turned, Vivian stood there fuming in anger and I let my head hang. My eyes burned as they ran over the markings littering my body, some from growing up as I reached milestones and others from my bond with Katerina. My eyes closed as I began to dig my nails into the markings starting at my neck and mercifully going threw all of them to my hips. I felt the burn but didn't stop, It was the right thing to do even as Vivian shot magic at me every which way I continued.

"Stop this son! You can not break the bond!!"

I laughed, a laugh that sent chills even down my own spine and had me questioning just who was in control at this point. I felt my wolf's anger, his sorrow from our mate rejecting him but fought to remain in control as I deflected all the magic Vivian threw my way.

"Watch me..."

I saw the stress in her eyes and the sadness but I ignored it as my eyes landed on the last black image that connected me to her, My moon, and with one last deep breath, I tore into it ripping the image from my side into little fragments and in the process I felt a burn run threw my veins.

A burn that left me staggering till I fell onto my bed, my eyes watered and my lungs hurt as I began the chant to break the claim.

"This isn't helping her Ares... You're going to kill her."

My eyes peered up at the dark orbs beside my face and I smiled softly at Vivian's distraught form before my bed. She was like a mother to me all these years but I couldn't stop this now. The spell was cast, it was done and I finally felt hollow as I picked up a cigarette and watched her head shack before leaving the home with a soft click of the front door.

I could smell her miles away as I destroyed the home, cut threw my bonds, and cast the hardest spell I had ever attempted to do. My Moon was yelling at me threw the void, her scent coming closer and closer before it was so strong as if she was right beside me. I ignored it and for once didn't have to try.

It was a relief but also a crushing realization of how well the spell had worked. I had no emotions as I heard her footsteps walking into my room, her scent was still as intoxicating but didn't send my empty mind racing with need anymore and I watched her, as she spoke and moved around the room.

Her voice though... Her voice stirred something within the wolf and I raised an eyebrow in fascination. He was commanding to be let out as he watched her pick up a ring, that I realized soon enough was the ring my mother had been making years ago for my 'chosen' as she grew me within her womb. Her heart raced behind my ears, the wolf within me growled and I sighed as I let go and gave him control.

I didn't have the energy to fight anything or anyone atm and as I lay there realized I didn't care about what the wolf would do anymore. I felt free, no longer chained down by emotions and anger.
I wanted to rest... So I sank down and allowed my wolf full control.

This was how I would set her free.