We're going nowhere.

Grace stood shaking beside me as we glared at the door in front of us

Grace stood shaking beside me as we glared at the door in front of us. She grimaced in fear, on the other hand, glared in rage. The man that had caused so much death in a week sat behind this door as if nothing was wrong; I was sure.

I quietly dismissed Grace, she looked at me with utter shock and fear, but I smiled and pushed her further away.

"Go. I will be fine, I promise."

She mealy nodded, but I saw her turn to look back at me several times as I creaked open the office door. Do you know when people say everything slowed down in their state of anxiety? Everything seemed to speed up as I watched the men before me. It was as if someone hit fast-forward on a remote. Their conversation seemed to halt, all heads turned to me and their eyes blanked of any emotion.

Ares seemed more mature as if he had grown years in a week. I watched his brows frown together as his eyes ran up and down my body. To his left sat Alex. He seemed older as well but not in the same way, worry lines seemed cemented into his skin, and the anxiety he had hidden well was all but punching me in the gut.

So, he stuck close to his boss like a loyal puppy. But, on the other hand, the man on his right seemed cocky and arrogant. He was a proper fit to be beside Ares, but I was not too fond of the look in his green eyes as he looked at me.

"Who have you brought with you?"

The words fell out of my throat as if poured straight from a chemical factory. I didn't like not one notion coming off the new boy; indeed, so much the fine hairs on my body were standing in alert at his presence. My eye held their connection with the new boy with a fierceness as I waited for a response.

"Down, Love, he's not bad. Are you Trent?"

My eyes traveled to Ares as he spoke. He had a lopsided grin, and his hand roughly hit the boy on the back. The arrogance that waved off his lycan form had my eyes rolling as I shifted my eyes back to the boy.

"Trent? ... He has to leave."

It wasn't a question or a hope; no, it was a command. Ares scoffed, and new boy Trent seemed only to smirk harder. I looked back and forth between them all. The only one that seemed to be taking anything seriously was Alex. My heart ached for him. He was always loyal but always getting his spirit broken.

"Are you making commands? In your position, do you think that is wise Love?"

It was my turn to scoff as I rolled my eyes and looked at Ares, my head tilted in amusement.

"Do you think it is wise to make commands and attempt to blackmail the Goddess of your world, Ares? It would do you well not to forget who exactly I am."

The new boy's eyebrows went up, and I suppressed a chuckle as I let my smirk play on my lips. My eyes lingered on Trent's hands that now tapped the office desk as he looked at Ares in waiting.