Crown The Queen

Okay, guys, I need your help!

Do you want me to focus more on Onyx or Ares?? I love them both, but I need help writing about Ares's character.

Also, I'm not writing chapter numbers, as you, I'm sure, have noticed, I am a bit of an airhead and never can keep track of it, so I'm opting out of it, hahaha

————-

I had been running around for the past week, taking care of my father's remains, making announcements to my people, and redecorating the palace

I had been running around for the past week, taking care of my father's remains, making announcements to my people, and redecorating the palace. So I didn't want to see one framed painting or picture of my parents, and I felt they didn't deserve to be on display either.

I had to exile thirteen families that refused to accept me as their queen. As I sat on my bed, I stared at the walls around me. I felt suffocated, staring at everything around me. This used to be my favorite room, my mother's room.

I still felt pain thinking about how she betrayed many, including myself and Onyx. But, what hurts the most, I think, wasn't the stab to the gut that almost killed me but the way she treated Onyx.

He had created her, sculpted her soul into an image with his two hands, yet she would disrespect him bluntly.

"My Queen, it is time."

Looking up at the woman I'd known as Grace, I smiled and nodded as I stood up. I smoothed down the flowing black dress and checked my face in the mirror, many had asked me over the week why I was wearing such shocking makeup, and I had sighed every time they did.

Grace was the only one who had not asked and took my new image with Grace. She led me threw the long corridors before reaching the throne room and stopped to turn to me.

Her short brown hair and dark skin seemingly glowed as she smiled and placed her hands on my shoulders, smoothing out the black lace hanging from my shoulders and wrapping around my arms.

It was a simple yet touching jester, and I nodded with a smile as she pushed the large door open, and I heard the whoosh of people standing to their feet. I wasn't sure I would ever get used to that sound or the feeling it gave me. I instantly wanted to turn around, grab a cigarette and a drink and curl up in my blanket.

"Announcing, Lady Katerina Moon, Queen to be and Goddess of Onyx."

I began my long walk across the room, my heels clicking against the hard marble floor and my nerves sending pain through my body. I didn't dare look at the mixed crowd of royals and peasants. But that was when I neared the blood-red throne and had to do so.

I turned on my heels and stood in front of the throne as I opened my eyes to look at the large room filled to the walls, with people, some bowed, others on their knees, sniffles could be heard in the silence, and I let a small soft smile graze my lips.