Wake UP

I signed as I ran a hand threw my hair, soon we were pulling into the long driveway of his home and my heartbeat against my rib cage was at a painful rate

My mind pondered at what I was possibly about to see and made my palms sweat.
The car came to a stop and I swung the door open but stopped when Alex grabbed my wrist and cleared his throat.

"Don't take much of what he says to heart, okay? His wolf may be in control at this point and I'm warning you now, my dude is a hell of a sight to see."

I nodded as he released my wrist and I got out of the car slamming the door behind me before I started my way into the home.

Not much had changed since I was last here besides the fact furniture was overturned and glass decorations littered the floor all broken into tiny pieces. It looked as if a fight had broken out as I began up the stairs remembering by heart the room he called his own.

Soon I stood in front of the door, I stared at it. Should I knock? No, but would it be right to just walk in? I don't know. He would have but he was Ares and I was me.

"Good god Katerina, you are just as intoxicating as ever."

I slowly turned to the deep suggestive voice and raise my eyebrow at him in question. Ares looked bad, his hair was wild some spots looked thinner almost as if he had been pulling it, eyes were red puffy, and sunk in. His skin was pale and beads of sweat dripped off his face but he didn't act like himself.

I felt stalked like prey as he made his way to me and I shifted to open his door but just as I did I was pushed threw it.

"Okay, you just hold the hell up. Don't lay hand on me, Knight!"

I wasn't finished talking or so I thought as a booming laugh cut my train of thought. I stared at Ares, his walk, stare, and eye color had all changed as he began to walk closer to me.

His room looked ransacked, broken dressers, and claw marks lined his walls, and clothing, CDs, condoms, and papers littered the floors.

I became aware of his presence as the heat coming from his body washed over me and I looked up at those once-calm eyes.

"What have you done to yourself, Ares?"

His face contorted only for a split second before a smirk grew and his now gold eyes bore into mine.

"I didn't do anything, you did this to me, Love, did you think that you could just walk away from me and nothing would happen?"

My blood again ran cold at his words, I the cause? Maybe but I didn't do this to him... He did this to himself.

"Stupid games give you stupid rewards Ares... You broke me the night I answered that phone. You played me, from the very beginning you knew how to play with my head to get what you wanted, and you got it! So how is your Lycan tearing you apart for your own choices my fault?!"