Chapter 58

---Cass POV—

Azriel looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel, flip this table upside down and murder those bastards in the corner himself. Shaw and Jez had been gone awhile, with Sif occasionally floating back to the table, her eye on my brother. She looked at me apologetically before being pulled away by some God or Being – to be honest they all looked the same.

Niamh, however, didn't look remotely concerned that her sister was fucking our enemy. In fact, she wasn't all too bothered by Azriel. What she was anxious about was Coventina and that God of Vengeance, the male with the odd plait who had Oriana and Etta on his lap. "Everild is yours," she murmured abruptly, her silver eyes jumping to the corner of the room. "I would recommend ending the night now."

My eyes jumped to Nesta who shook her head at me. For fuck's sake. "Nesta," I said.

"No," she hissed, crossing her arms. "I want to stay."

I threw a look at Rhysand who had his sights on Everild. "As your High Lord-"

"You have no power here," Nesta cut in. The entire table stopped in their tracks, even Azriel swivelled in his seat, concern plastered on his face. For Gods' sake Nesta, what were you thinking? "You couldn't even get a Goddess to stand down."

"You are still part of this family," Feyre replied tightly, her hand falling on her mate's wrist, "we only want to keep you safe."

"It seems, you kept us safe from the wrong ones," Nesta bit out, her attention zeroing in on our High Lord. "Look around you, we are out of our depths. We need Jez's sister to be sat with us for the entire night, I bet she'd want to get in on the action."

"I just want to say, it was my choice to be here and that I enjoyed your company tonight," Niamh smiled, attempting to ease the tension with little success.

Nesta instantly pulled a face. "I'm going. So are Em and Gwyn."

"No," Rhysand said firmly. "I forbid it."

A tense silence followed, with Elain quietly getting up and grabbing Nyx from Feyre's arms. Nesta's sister smiled apologetically at Niamh who reached over and squeezed her hand before waving over one of the oddly dressed guards. The female was escorted out.

"Cass sort your mate out," Rhysand murmured, surprising me. I raised my brows and hands, quickly backing myself out of this conversation. I loved Nesta, absolutely adored her and would do anything for her, but there was no way I was going to get blueballed tonight because of my brother.

Nesta hmphed in response, tilting her head at my brother before Niamh stood. "I'll show them the dungeons."

"Absolutely not," Rhysand snarled, standing up and looking at the Mother's daughter. Niamh looked at my High Lord incredulously, half-scoffing and half-laughing.

"You'd rather they wander down themselves after you fight them to go to their rooms, than have me, someone who has lived and breathed this home for millennia, show them the way?"

She made a damned good point, and even if we did lock Nesta in her room – not that I would do it – she would find her way out. This entire building was filled with Gods, Goddesses and Beings whose magic we had no clue about, no understanding, and I'd rather my mate be with Niamh than on her own.

If I trusted Jez with Azriel, I sure as hell could trust Niamh with my mate and her friends.

Feyre stood and grasped Rhysand's shoulder, squeezing it. "Thank you, Niamh. Please take care of my sister and her friends." Rhys stared at his mate in disbelief as the female explained the way to the dungeons then led the way, with Nesta, Emerie and Gwyn scrambling out of their seats and after her.