Chapter 39

The teams had been split into two. Rhysand was captaining a team with Azriel, Mor, Amren, Gwyn, and the Summer Court Fae whose name had escaped me, Varian. While Cassian led the team with Emerie, Feyre, Nesta, myself, and Elain. Nyx, the two Illyrians had agreed on, was combined with Feyre, who had now morphed her wings into existence, as did Rhysand. Her son was clambered onto her shoulders, overlooking everyone and excitedly laughing.

Rhysand and Cassian had make-shifted two towering goals with the trees, ramming themselves through the leaves and branches several times to create the wide gaps. Feyre floated by our goal while Rhysand, oddly, floated by his. Every so often, I'd catch him glancing my way, especially while I helped Mor move aside the blanket, but he never attempted to cut me out of the activity. Instead, it seemed like he was monitoring me, making sure I wasn't going to put anyone in harm's way.

Like I could even do anything, I was as useful and dangerous as a spoon at the moment.

I let Cassian position us all, despite knowing how the game was played, with the majority holding onto a bottle of wine and taking large swigs from it. Amren had waved her hand around the glasses, magicking the ability of refilling itself when empty.

Needless to say, many of us were quite drunk by the time we were ready. Including me.

Cherry's Wine was notorious for increasing sex drive, something that Amren had noted earlier and was completely correct about. I hadn't forgotten about it, but the third bottle down, it was hitting me like I'd flown into a cement wall. My eyes would occasionally wander up to Azriel, who had always beaten me to it. He was holding onto a decanter himself, but his gaze was dark and sultry. Gods, I knew deep down that it was the wine talking, but his face was just so fucking annoying. I was annoyed he hadn't fucked me in the kitchen when I had left my room earlier. I was also annoyed that he also hadn't rammed himself inside of me for the last few weeks. I was annoyed that Gwyn was slyly looking at him. Gods above, was I annoyed that I could smell that sickeningly sweet scent. I hadn't been able to pinpoint who it was but I wanted to throw up.

Yet, I would literally do anything to have a moment with Azriel by myself, to pull his cock out and suck him off. Gods, I would happily drop to my knees for him and choke on it, if it meant this pressure between my thighs, and stomach eased.

That was most definitely the wine talking.

"Jezreel," Amren called from behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at her, only to pause and try to catch my bearings. The world around me felt fuzzy and warm, with Amren appearing like she had a bubble around her. "You haven't come around."

"No," I said absentmindedly. Amren looked gorgeous tonight, and her sparkling necklace added an extra tick up the scale. Her opulent black dress was tighter than my own, hugging her body in the right places to accentuate her hips. "I've been tied up."

My mind floated away again. How would she be able to run in a dress like that?

"I can smell it."

I pulled a face. "I miss being able to smell like that," I sighed, taking a sip of the wine. "I would also say that would surprise me, but it doesn't."

"You're walking a very fine line, youngling," Amren said quietly, moving in closer so that no one else could hear us. I didn't think anyone could but who knew what other powers these Fae had – not that I particularly cared at the moment. "There are eyes and ears everywhere."

"Are you one of them?" I blurted out, my eyes wide. "Also, I would like to request you stop calling me a youngling." I paused. "Please."

Amren pursed her lips and darted her gaze to the males behind her. I lazily followed her to catch Azriel and Rhysand deep in conversation, with the Shadowsinger looking like he was prepared to punch something and Rhysand on his last nerve. "Do you miss it?" Amren asked.