Chapter 18

POV: Theseus 

"It just came up at your door?" Contessina frantically talked on the phone. I had just woken up and heard her voice coming from outside the bedroom. I got out of bed and wore a t-shirt. I walked out and saw her pacing around the kitchen. 

"I under-wait-" She sighed. "Just send the notice, I'll look after this." She said and slammed her phone on the kitchen slap. 
"What's the matter?" I asked, leaning on a cabinet. 

She sighed and stared at the plates in front of her. "I filed for divorce." 
"I know that." I watched her take the clean plates and wash them. It weirded me out, she was washing clean dishes to calm herself. 
"My lawyer was about to send Robert a court notice." 

"And...?" I was about to stop her.
"And he sent a package to her office today." She looked at me with pure disgust. "He sent..." 

"Tell me." I turned off the water and grabbed her arm, taking her to the living room. 
"He sent a piece of lingerie that was soaked in blood." She went to grab her phone and brought it to me. 

It was a picture of what she was describing the package to be. "He's trying to scare her away." 
"She was about to call the police on him," Contessina said. "I was able to convince her to send the notice. This is so fucked up!" 

She groaned and sat beside me with her head in her hands. I put her phone on the sofa and rubbed her back. "I can arrange guards for her," I said. "Did you truly think he would let go of you easily?" 

"I didn't think he would turn this disgusting." She looked at me. 
"Don't think about him." I caressed her cheek. "Give me the lawyer's house address and I'll get guards set up." 

"Do you even have men here?" She asked, handing me her unlocked phone. 

POV: Contessina 

I sighed and stood up. "Baby, I got men everywhere I go," Theseus said, making me turn. 
"If you can, then deal with it," I said. "And order breakfast, I don't want to cook."  

I went to the kitchen and made cold coffee for both of us. Two big arms slid down my frame and rest at my hipbone. "I'll make breakfast then," Theseus said and kissed the nape of my neck. 

"Ok," I whispered and looked at him, tilting my head. He grabbed my chin and kissed my lips. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Song 'Banger' by 11:11)

"He said he'll look after it," I explained to Darius about my talk with Theseus. 
"How are you-"
"If he said he would look after it, then he will look after it."  I raised my voice a little and shut the topic. 

We were at the company office, waiting for the second batch of samples to arrive. I made some changes to the products in the first batch and now they were sending us the improved version. Darius made no other mention of Theseus now. 

I was starting to think he had some personal issues with Theseus. He was always trying to make it seem like he was incapable. I know why Theseus didn't like Darius but I couldn't understand why Darius had an issue. 

I drank some water as the packages arrived. Darius and I started talking about normal business as he explored the products. "I want this smell to be a little less intense. These smells can make people dislike cosmetics." 

"Alright." He noted down my suggestion. "I have been making records for every pre-order we get." I listened to him. "The website is working in our favor." I smiled at the fact and opened the eye palette. 

"Great." I breathed out as I did some swatches. "And this packing should feel vintage. Like vintage makeup, giving royal vibes." I made another change. "And-" My phone started to vibrate in my back pocket.