Chapter 16

POV: Contessina 

Once I calmed down and told him what exactly caused me to file for divorce, We just sat talking about anything and everything. It became a lovely place to be with him. Theseus had explained his side and I had shown him mine. Now, I don't worry about what happens next. 

"It's late," I said as the silence between us got too defeating. He nodded and stood up. I went to the door with him. 
"I need to ask before I go." He said, putting on his shirt. 
"What?" I asked. 

"Will you give us another chance?" He asked with hesitation. I sighed and looked into his eyes. I stared at him as he watched me for an answer. 
"I will feel very naive if I say yes now," I admitted. 
"So, it's over for us?" 

"I have no idea, Theseus," I said, letting out the last bit of my frustration. 
"Do you like being with me, Love?" He asked. 
"You know very well the time I spent with you was when I felt the safest." He nodded and I stepped closer to him. 

I looked down and slowly wrapped my left hand with his right hand. "I just want you to assure me that I would be the first to know if you ever leave." 
"I don't plan on leaving." He said in a low tone and leaned in closer. 

My eyes involuntarily fell on his bare chest that peaked through his unbuttoned shirt. "A second chance then," I whispered and started to button his shirt up. 

POV: Theseus. 

I softly smiled hearing her whisper. She didn't look at me and slowly buttoned my shirt up. I moved my fingers through a strand of her hair and kissed her cheek. I pulled away and a second later she wrapped her arms around my neck. 

I moved my arms around her waist and hugged her tightly, lifting her off her feet a little. "I hope the bullet wound doesn't hurt when we hug." She whispered into my ear. 
"It feels great, Baby," I whispered and snuggled into her neck. 

After a minute or so, she moved away from me and opened the door. "When's your flight?" 
"Tomorrow evening." She replied. "Around 5 pm." I nodded as I opened my phone. I gave her my phone. 

"This is your only number?" 
"Yes." She answered. I dialed her number and hung up when I heard the first ring on her phone. She smiled. "Now, you can hear all my voicemails." 

"I'll do that," I said and tugged at the pocket in her suit. "Meet me tomorrow for breakfast?" 
"Come to take me if that's the plan." I nodded a yes and kissed her on the forehead. 

"Goodnight." 
"Goodnight." She said and I walked away. I heard her room door shut behind me. 

POV: Contessina 

I dried my hair with a towel and put on my dress. I had a weird feeling about not telling Darius about Theseus. Whatever happens, I don't want his opinion on my choices today. I put on a blue dress which had a floral print. 

I grabbed my bag and phone and sat down on the bed. I waited for that knock that I knew would put an involuntary smile on my face. I waited for a few minutes and stood up as soon as there was a knock. 

I opened the door and found...Irene. 
"Hey," I said. 
"Hey, you. You disappeared in the middle of the seminar." She said. 
"Yes, I just had a headache." I made up the best excuse I could. 

"Oh." She said. "I hope you had your questions answered though?" 
"I did, it was a helpful session," I said. 
"I'm happy to hear that," Irene stated. "I'm going to go now." I nodded as she walked off. 

"Still a good liar." His voice whispered in my ear. 
"I have always been a good liar," I replied to Theseus. 
"Are you ready?" He asked, standing beside me. I stepped out and locked the door.