Chapter 10

POV: Theseus

"Where is he?" I asked Ace as he got came out of the shower. I left her in bed when she fell asleep. It was now 4 in the morning. Ace had come back an hour ago.
"What did he do? At least tell me." He said and went to the closet to change.

"He attacked Contessina in the kitchen during dinner."
"Attacked in the sense of words, right?" He looked at me, a little uncomfortable.
"If it was words, I wouldn't be so eager to meet my father, Ace."

I said and wore my shoes. "Where is he?"
"Four Seasons." He said.

"Come on then, mate," I said, standing up. "We've got work to do." I walked out and went down to the car.

*************************

POV: Contessina

I tried to cover my bruises with makeup, it did an okay job but I can't hide my swollen cheek. The bandaid near my left eye also makes it clear that I am injured. I have a meeting with Darius about the costs of our products, I need to look ok or he will lecture me on it.

I wore casual sweats and tied my hair in a ponytail. If he asks why I'm dressed like a homeless, I'll say I'm on my period. I chuckled at my thought and grabbed my phone and some cash. I put those in my pocket and headed downstairs.

It was 8 am now, I looked at the clock right outside the kitchen. I saw Ace sitting near the kitchen table, eating a sandwich. Where is Theseus?

Usually, when Ace is gone, Theseus is too. Otherwise, they both are home. "Morning," I said and took a glass of juice from the table.
"Bad morning." He looked up and I saw the exhaustion in his eyes.
"Didn't sleep well, Bud?" I said and made myself a sandwich.

"Don't ask." He said, looking away and I noticed the bandage around his shoulder. It was hidden by the shirt he wore but I could see a little of it through the neckline of the shirt.
"What happened?" I asked, pointing to the bandage.
"Just work stuff." He said, looking further away from me.

I nodded, not believing it. "Where's Theseus?"
"He uh..." He stopped. "I don't know."

POV: Ace

I didn't know how to answer her. He told me not to tell her anything and she just goes on asking questions. "Seriously, where is he?" She asked, taking a bite of her sandwich. I just looked at her, trying to find a way to answer.

She looked at me suspiciously and then put the sandwich down. She turned to me and glared at me. "Ace."
"Fine, I'll tell you." I rolled my eyes.

(5 HOURS AGO:- 3 AM)

"Is this the room?' He asked me. Theseus and I were at four seasons, searching for Robert's room. He explained to me what happened and honestly, I would happily let him do anything with Robert.

"I think so," I said, checking the card again. "Yeah, room 48." He nodded and tried to open the door. I stepped in and swiped the room card. We got a room card from the reception, it's funny how easily they gave it to us.

He walked in and I followed. "Out." I said, checking the bathroom and finding a woman who was standing near the sink. She gave me a weird look and I showed her my gun. "Go," I said. She grabbed her stuff and went out of the room. I locked the door behind me.

I heard a loud thud and looked into the room, near the bed. Robert was on the floor and Theseus stood pointing a gun at him. "You just have no limit, do you?!" He shouted as Robert wiped his mouth.

He had hit his jaw against the floor. "What the fuck are you doing, Theseus?!" Robert shouted back.
"What the fuck did you do?!" He grabbed Robert's collar. I didn't engage in any of this because my shoulder was already injured from work.