Chapter 12

POV: Theseus 

"How did it go?" I asked. I was on the call with Ace, he landed in London two hours ago. 
"I met her at Waterloo Central. She looked bigger than I remembered." He answered. I held the phone between my ear and shoulder as I went through a file. 

"What the fuck does that mean?" 
"That means I could see her stomach being bigger, she had a bump." He sighed on the phone. "We have scheduled a test tomorrow." 
"Did she act suspicious?" I asked. 

I didn't trust this girl, not when she dated Ace and not even now. "I was too blown away to judge." 
"Did you go to the warehouse?" I questioned. It must be raining in London right now. 
"I will later, I need to sleep." He answered and I heard traffic on his side of the phone. 

"Alright, tell them to transfer the packets to the Richmond house if you go." He said okay and hung up. I put the phone down and looked at the time. It was almost 1 now. I grabbed my coat, put it on, and went out to my car. 

I could see her standing on the pavement, chatting with that friend of hers as I pulled up into the driveway. I parked the car and got out. His hand on her cheek, I guess he noticed the swelling. He removed his hand as I approached. 

"Hey," I said, standing beside her. She turned around. 
"Hey." She said and turned to face Darius. "See you later." She told him. He said bye to her and went the other way. 

"What did he notice?" I asked, leading her to the car. 
"The bandage near my eye." She said. "He did question you tho." I sat in my seat and listened to her. 

"About what?" 
"He thought you hit me." She said and chuckled. I did find the thought absurd but it was not funny to me. 
"I would never do that," I said and started driving. 

"I know." She said and I saw the smile disappear. "I know that, Theseus." She said and put her purse in the backseat. "Where are we going?" 
"You'll see," I answered and drove towards the destination. "Did you eat breakfast?" 

"What?" My question caught her off-guard. 
"Did you eat breakfast or not? You told me you would." 
"I didn't get a chance, forgot about it." She answered. I nodded and took a U-turn. 

"Where are you driving to now?" She asked, looking out the window. 
"Wendys," I answered. 
"Alright." She looked through her phone. "This lab owner wants a full reimbursement if I don't like his samples, Darius tells me he is trying to take that approach." 

"That's shit then," I answered. "He's giving samples, not products. If he is adamant then find someone else, love." 
"We're already paying them for the samples, 50k for that." She spoke, putting her phone down. "Should I get a lawyer involved?" 

I could see concern all over her face. "Do you already have a contract made for the lab?" I asked. 
"I do and I don't have a clause about a full reimbursement." 
"You have paid for it so if he still wants a reimbursement then tell him to shove it," I said—the audacity some people have. 

"Shove a big one, I guess." I heard her whisper as she texted away on her phone. I slowed down in Wendy's driveway and ordered the food. 
"What will you have?" I asked. 
"Chilli and chicken burger," I ordered her food and drove to the next window. 

After collecting our order, I drove from the driveway and parked off the road. She took the bag and took the food out. "You do love roast." She said and handed it to me. 
"Just a habit, I prefer roast beef over anything," I said and unwrapped the burger. 

"Is that all you ate in London?" She asked and took a bite out of her burger. 
"Pretty much, most of the time." 
"How is Ace tho? He must've landed hours ago." 
"He met with the girl, they have the test tomorrow," I answered and ate.