Chapter 6

POV: Theseus 

"We were sitting in the restaurant when I saw six of them enter it," I told Ace how everything started. 
"You're sure they're after you, Theseus?" He asked. 
"One of them pointed at me then they all looked at me. That's why I ran with Contessina." I explained.

"Does she know?" He asked, looking at me hopelessly. 
"I told her as much as I deemed fit," I said and sat on the couch beside his desk. 
"I'll tell our men about this. Next time, at least have your gun fully loaded." He said, holding up my gun.

"It-"
"No, it! You had a gun but only one bullet in it?! That level of carelessness?!" He shouted at me. 
"Just find them and bring them to me," I said. "Any news from Yoren?" I asked. Yoren is my other right hand who handles my business in the UK. 

I mostly stay in London. I come here only to keep a promise I made to my mother. In her final moments too, she made me promise that I would make sure Robert doesn't die alone. I still roll my eyes at that. 

I would very much like to kill him myself. "Everything's good." He said. "He just asked when you plan on coming back." I gulped at his question. I didn't even think about it until he pointed it out. 

I've been a little distracted. 

"I'll decide and tell you." Ace raised his brow at me then nodded a yes. I saw Contessina walk past his office. "I'll be back," I said and went to the main door of the mansion. Where is she going? 
"Hey!" I shouted, stopping her. 

She turned around and looked at me. She had her heels in her hand and her hair tied up. "Yeah." She said with a blank face. 
"Where are you off to?" I asked her. 
"Out, for work." She said and looked around. 

I felt like she was avoiding me, she didn't speak to me since we got back. She didn't even look me in eye. I nodded. "Bye." She said and walked out of the mansion. 

I sighed and walked back to the office. 

POV: Contessina

I've tried hard to forget about everything that happened. It doesn't bother me that we were almost attacked by a gang. It bothers me that my question was left unattended. He just said he doesn't want to use me but I can't help it. 

Every time he's close to me, I feel cheerful but now I feel hurt too because I'm not able to make meaning of this. I've never done anything before, I've never been allowed to do anything. I don't know what he thinks of me, does he care or it's just attraction? 

I drove off to a club. Darius said we should hang out and it's a good idea. I need my mind off this Theseus Venturi. I stopped and looked at the time when I reached the club. It was 7 pm now. I know it's a bit early but I'll fool around and time will fly. 

I wore my heels after I parked and got out. I opened my hair and put my hair tie in my purse. I walked in and looked around. Darius waved at me from the left end of the club. I walked up to him and sat beside him. 

"A club at 7 pm," I commented and chuckled. 
"It's not the worst idea though." He said and poured me some water. "You dressed up this much for a nightclub?" He asked as he eyed me up. 
"I went out today, I didn't even change to come here." 

"Where did you go?" He asked. I was about to speak up but a server approached us. 
"It's Saturday night, what can I serve you?" He asked. 
"What will you have?" Darius asked me. 

I've always been nervous at clubs because I'm not 19. Robert and my father have connections that's why I'm able to do things, even illegal drinking. I still get scared of being caught. "Whatever you're having," I said. 
"Rum cocktails for two." He said to the server.