Chpt 52: A Very Lucky Dice

As the bones sink into the red tainted lake, he cried, alone he was. No one hears his plea, his screams reached nothing. The boy clutched his hands around his knees tighter, the harsh blow of the winds made him feel so light. The sky was dark, like the abyss, like staring at an endless pit. Tears run down his cheek, his body frozen, too scared to wipe them off as he looked up.

King Dice woke up from a terrible nightmare. Panting, as if he was being choked to death, he sat up, his eyes wide open as he tries to regain his breath. The Devil stirred awake beside him, he noticed his beloved and acted quickly "Dice! What's wrong?" He placed his hand on his and gently rubbed his back in a comforting manner. Devil let him breathe before asking again, focusing on calming him down.

After a while, Dice leaned on him, and the adrenaline left his veins"..Are you alright, Dice?" Dice nods his head "Yeah, I.. had a little nightmare is all.." Dev brushed his hand on Dice's cheek and kissed his forehead, giving him much comfort as he can "Do you want to talk about it..?" He asks, yawning after "It's alright Dev.." Dice replied with a gentle smile "Let's just go back to sleep" Deciding to shrug it off, they lay back down and went back to sleep.

But a feeling in Dice's chest lingers. He couldn't explain what it was, but it makes him feel.. Nervous.

The sun rose and the Casino was wide open for the sinners to come flooding its gates "Place your bets!" Chips happily announced. The crew was working and everything is going well and alright. The atmosphere was perfect for the players "And the winner is this lucky fella!" Chips shove all the chips towards him, yet another successful play of poker. He looked at his watch, realizing its the time for his break, he approached the bar to get a drink "A glass of cognac, please!" He ordered the working martini. The drink gracefully slides towards him, Chips stopped it with his hand. He grabbed the drink and chug it down.

"..Chips Bettigan.."

A voice beside him grumbled. Chips' eyes glanced beside him "Howdy! How can I-" Chips stopped talking, he was left stupefied.

The man with a die for a head smirked. But this man wasn't the infamous King Dice. His head was gray, and his dots were white. There is also a big scar on his face, near his cheeks and he was wearing a black hat, almost covering half of his face as he was smoking a cigar "You look surprised." The man chuckled "Oh Sorry.. I-I didn't mean to be rude, sir.." Chips felt uneasy about the man, he subtly moved away from him "Don't be scared, it's not you that I'm after." The man replied, "What exactly do you mean?" Chips asked, but he received no answer "It is forbidden to pick a fight in the Casino Sir" He insisted, yet all he got was a puff of smoke on his face. Just as Chips was about to leave to tell the others, he saw King Dice exiting from the staff's room, holding a clipboard.

He stopped walking when he noticed a familiar head. They made eye contact. And it was as if he was staring at a reflection, at a memory, at a dead man brought to life. His body thought it was being attacked, his instincts kicking in as the grip on the clipboard tighten, thinking it was the only thing he could use to protect himself with.

The man said nothing, only glaring at him. He placed something down, on top of it was a white handkerchief before tilting his hat "It was good to see you again, my.. 'lucky' Dice.." He spoke with malevolent.

"..I love you.. m..my lucky Dice.."

Dice stood in surprise, his body almost shaking upon hearing his voice.

"Run.. as far as you can.. and live.. for me, please.."

He saw the man walk away, back into a group that looked familiar. A group of dangerous, wild animals with sick fashion choices.

King Dice let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Chips worriedly approached him "Dice? Did.. You know that man..?" King felt weak and almost collapsed, but luckily Chips was there "OhSht- Dice! You're shaking!" Chips panicked "I-I'm.. Fine.. I'm fine.." Obviously, Chips didn't buy it "Let's get you somewhere quiet.."

____
aaand that's the update for the month! What the heeccccc- its been so long i apologize!!! Oh! And its nearly Christmas, so, Merry Christmas in advance!! Yaayy! *confetti confetti everywhere*

Ɛ>