17 || ғᴏʀ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

EMMA AND LU SAT TOGETHER, AS LU EXPLAINED TO EMMA OF THEM LEAVING, TO the Shield settlement to get to Lu's earth

"What about Stephan?" Emma asks her.

"He wants us to go." Lu tells her softly, as Hope sat on the grass, watching everything around her. 

"He loves you a lot." Emma says and Lu nods, knowing she's right. "And he's right, you have family back home, and the vision Rob had." Emma says slowly, she takes a deep breathe before continuing. "Hope not making it past her fifth birthday, I don't want that for her." She says. "For any of us. I can't feel the magic, not like before, as it flowed freely through everyone." She says.

"There's more walkers." Lu says softly.

"And it's starting to give me pain." Emma says. "I feel it in my soul." She says and Lu nods.

"I'll make sure to kill more." Lu tells her and Emma nods.

"About what Rob said-" Emma begins.

"Not on my watch, you and your sister are growing up to be great humans." Lu cuts her off. "I'm not letting anything happen to you two." She adds. "I made a promise I intended to keep." She says.

"What about Sophia?" Emma asks her.

"She has her mom, I can't take her with me, even if I wanted to." Lu says.

"She has family here." Emma whispers as tears threaten to escape.

"Don't do that." Lu tells he softly pulling her into a hug. "You have me. Your parents love you and Hope so much, so much, they made me promise to take you back to my earth." Lu tells her caressing her hair, and kissing her temple.

"What?" Emma asks confused.

"We were up one night and your parents made me promise I'd take you back with me if anything happened to them, my earth would be able to provide a better life for both of you." Lu tells her about the night Liz and Frank made them promise that she would take Emma and Hope.

     WHILE EMMA AND LU HAD THEIR TALK, THE GROUP OF SHIELD AGENTS, MADE A PLAN with Deanna and would soon send reinforcements. Emma and Lu had packed their few things which were just a backpack and the things they owned.

"It's going to be weird without you." Carl says from the entrance of hers and Stephans bedroom.

"I know." Lu says giving him a small smile. "It's going to be weird without you guys either." She says. She grabs something from her bag, a knife Tony had sent over, one of her favorites. "Here, for protection." She holds out her hand.

"It has a designe." He says tracing over the engraved logo.

"My mothers widow logo, and inside my fathers shield." She says giving him a smile. "It's never failed me. It's one of my favorites." She says making him smile. He hugs her, and she wraps his arms, she could feel his emotions, he was sad to know she was leaving them. He had learned to care for her, and the girls, they were a part of their family. "I won't forget you." She tells him.

"Promise?" He asks.

"Promise." She nods.

"Can you, look me up on your earth?" He asks and she nods. "Make sure I'm doing okay?" He asks and she smiles softly at him.

"I can do that. I'm sure you're successful, and happy and so is your family." Lu tells him, hoping that's the case. He looks at her nods, he could hear the hope in her voice. "Don't go forgetting me, now." She says teasing him making him laugh.

He holds up the knife she gave him teasing her, "I can't now."

OUTSIDE OF ALEXANDRIA, LU, EMMA AND HOPE SAID GOODBYE TO THE GROUP, MOST likely this would be the last time they saw them. While the St.James siblings said their goodbye, they would most likely see the group again, only moving to the Shield settlement. Lu and Daryl were in an embrace, she hugged him tightly, the two sharing a few words. Daryl wasn't a man of much words but she's watched him grow and she hopes he only grows and heals from everything. That the world treats him well.

Emma hugged Sophia and held onto her, Sophia's emotions betrayed her, and tears escaped her eyes. Emma held her tightly, reassuring her, maybe one day they'd be reunited and it didn't matter they would both live and have a good life.

Stephan was saying his goodbye to Abraham, Rick, and Michonne. Ryan and Ariana said their goodbye to Tara, and Noah. Rob said his goodbye to Beth, and Maggie, mostly Beth.

They all said goodbye to all their friends, and then you their belongings in the cars. Lu looked at them one last time and hugged Daryl again before needed it to go, "make me proud." She tells him before letting go and she looks at Sophia hugs her tightly kissing the roof of her head, she pulls away before her emotions betray her and gets in the car next to Emma and Hope. She doesn't look back at the group knowing she'll break down. She feels Stephan's hands on her shoulder giving it a squeeze for encouragement.

The group watches the cars leave Alexandria, and Lu holds Emma hand, giving it a squeeze. Emma gives her a small smile. Carl's fingers ran over the knife Lu gave him, over the engraving it had. He thought of Lu's words. Sophia cried her eyes out seeing part of her family leave, the woman who saved her all those years ago. Micca cries seeing her friends, who became family leave. Rick held a sad Judith in his arms, holding back the tears. Daryl watched the cars disappear, and Beth's tears escaped as she leaned on a sad Noah. Maggie and Glenn held each other, watching their close friends, family leave.

Carol cries seeing them leave, part of it was for show, but she really was sadden by their departure. Lu, Emma and Hope had all taken care of Sophia. Lu took care of Sophia the way she took care of Hope and Emma, like her own. Tara, Sasha, and Rosita stands sadly looking at the her friends leaving. Michonne looks at them sadly, she tried keeping her composure. Eugene and Abraham look at the disappearing cars, part of them sadden watching part of the people they became close to leave, to give them a chance at bettering Alexandria.

"We need to get to do our jobs." Rick speaks up brining the group out of their sad trance.

Words 1104
The goodbyes took place, and they're on their way to the shield settlement. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Check out my other books, it would be greatly appreciated, I have more supernatural and tvd stories, also TWD stories as well , and the mcu, and OTH, fics if you're interested. Stay safe, wear masks, protect yourself. Have a beautiful day, or morning or have amazing an amazing sleep.
Updated December 23, 2022