06 || ᴍᴀᴍᴀ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴏᴠᴀ

IF ONE THING WAS CLEAR TO ANYONE WHO MET NATASHA ROMANOVA, WAS THAT she always put her kids first

        IF ONE THING WAS CLEAR TO ANYONE WHO MET NATASHA ROMANOVA, WAS THAT she always put her kids first. Even before she was able to hold them, she knew that widows before her, the ones that made it through the program, were butchered, their entire reproductive system taken out.  That was until Birdy came out, and saw the possibility of recreating babies, with great genetics for the purpose of the red room. Her children and Rob were created, many others were too. But they died during childbirth or during training or on missions. The ones that she knew were left as of now, are her children and Rob.

She knew they could take care of themselves but the idea of someone hurting her children, again, scared her—scratch that, it absolutely terrifies her. She never thought she would actually be able to be a mother, with her being a product of the red room. In a very messed up way it was all thanks to Birdy— that asshole was able to make the twins happen with the super soldiers dna, the first super soldier in history.

Now here she stands many years later with her children, and a someone special, by her side, living in this new world. Adapting to it and surviving, trying to remain civilized. She didn't think she would be one to have a future outside of the red room, never dreamt of of it, when she knew she would be tied to them for years when she had the twins. She stayed for them, to get them out. Now they are their own human beings, and even with the sadness and darkness that touched them, they have light and good inside them, and choose to be good everyday.

She can see the good in them everyday. How they run to protect others without caring about themselves. Despite not knowing who Steve was before Hydra got their grimy hands on him, she could see him in them, the good before everything hydra did to him. She learned how he was before the war, through Bucky, She often refers to him as little Steve or pre-war Steve, while Bucky just calls him Steve. She could see the happiness glint in his eyes. She had a feeling that Steve meant more to Bucky that he was ready to acknowledge. Natasha could see it in the way he spoke about him, with such adoration, she could hear it in the way he spoke about her.

She knew Bucky also started caring for her kids, the light teasing between Ella and him is adorable. Jamie and him bonding over their love for science. Bucky having to adjust to the present time, and then that reality dying and now living in this reality they live in. It was a big change for everyone. Natasha had seen death, she seen a lot, most of the time, she was the cause of said death. But this, this was different. It was something out of a comic book, or a horror film.

NATASHA SAT DOWN ON ONE OF THE BENCHES ON THE ROOFTOPS, SHE LOOKED AT sunset, admiring the beauty of it all. It was a moment of peace for her, watching the sunset set, her life before was hectic but now even more.

"I knew I'd find you here." A familiar voice rang through the roof top.

"Perfect view." She says not turning to look at the person,

"I taught you that." Clint says approaching her, taking a set besides her, she smiles knowing it's true. She learned about the beauty of the roof tops views through him. Ella also found the beauty in them, it's where she felt at peace. "Where are your kids?" He asks her.

"Oh you know, just around," She says with a teasing smile on her face. 

"causing mayhem?" He asks in a teasing manner.

She turns to look at him, smiling lightly, "most likely. They wouldn't be my kids otherwise." She admits. Their teasing manner, all Natasha, they had mastered their coy look, definitely taking after their mother. "How are your kids doing?" She asks.

"They're dealing." He says, "Lila's archery skills are coming along nicely." He says with pride. After Laura's death, Lila dealt with it by practicing archery, perfecting her craft. Much like Clint. Clint had become obsessed with his kids, after Laura's death, it got a little too much for the kids, that Natasha had to interfere with her best friend, once Lila and Cooper made her aware. He just wanted his kids to be safe which no one would blame him. Natasha had taken on the three kids to show them self defense moves. It was to give him some peace of mind, Natasha hadn't lost anyone that she was her partner, or spouse, she could clearly see the pain Clint was going through, Laura and him were supposed to grow old together. They were supposed to watch their kids live their lives, make mistakes, learn from them, become better people for tomorrow. This is not what he had in mind for their future.

"They're resilient." Natasha reminds him, "they're good kids and they'll be okay." She adds turning to look at him, he stares ahead at the sight in front of them and he nods.

"How are things with Bucky?" He asks her, not wanting to stay on his family topic for too long.

"Good, steady." She says with a slight smile and blush forming across her face as she looked ahead.

"Good." He says and she nods. Clint was incredibly happy for the red headed woman, she deserved every bit of happiness. The two stay in comfortable silence admiring the view in front of them, watching the sun set.

                NATASHA GOT READY FOR BED, FINISHING OFF HER NIGHT ROUTINE, SHE MADE her way to her bed. Where she found Her daughter and son laying on her bed.

"Didn't you have plans with Anya?" Natasha looks at Ella asking, and she turns to look at Jamie, "and you with Leo?" She asks.

"We're going to meet up with them." Jamie says.

"Where's Bucky?" Ella asks.

"He has a shift." Natasha says and the twins nod. "With Peter." She adds and Jamie nods knowing so. "How are things with Peter?" She asks her son, who blushes profusely.

"We're friends." Jamie says, and Ella repeats his sentence in a teasing manner. Jamie shoots her an annoyed look.

"He likes you." Ella tells him.

"I don't think he's ready for that." Jamie says, "he did loose his girlfriend and uncle Ben." He says and Natasha looks at him softly, her Jamie, so considerate of Peters feelings. Ella looks at her brother softly, knowing she wouldn't be able to move on from Anya if anything happened to her.

"How's the search going?" Nat asks changing the subject.

"Got nothing." Jamie admits, "but I've set it up so it'll alert us, whatever this is, I'm going to find it." he says and Ella nods. She was mostly going along with it for Jamie, he needed this distraction, while she focused on finding their dad. Natasha couldn't help but smile as Ella made a joke and Jamie smacked her with one of his pillows. Starting a pillow fight between the two.

Words 1213
Idk how I feel about the chapters, it's a filled chapter tbh, not much going on. But I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Check out my other stories! It would be greatly appreciated, also on my tumblr @ Wincherthottie, I have exclusive work just for tumblr. Have a nice day or night or afternoon! Whatever time you're reading it!
Updated October 08, 2022