Season 4 Chapter 67 The Prophetess of Tradgedy

Start from the beginning

Haruhime: Ugh...

Haruhime groans, pressing a hand to her mouth.

Mikoto: Please don't look, Lady Haruhime.

Mikoto says, wrapping her arms around her friend's shoulders and blocking the horrible sight from her view. Caught up in the wall of spectators, Muller and Aisha exchange grim glances. Nearby, Ouka is standing tight-lipped while Daphne frowns. But the healer Cassandra is paler than anyone.

Rin: Muller, are you okay?

Rin asks, sounding worried Bell and the others all looked at the golden elf immediately.

Muller:...

Muller can't find the words to answer Rin. She was just staring in a daze at the adventurer's corpse. It wouldn't be surprising since she was having a hard time believing that someone from her Familia had just committed murderer.

Bell:...

Bell was no different. His heart was beating uncontrollably. Of course he was shaken. Being at the site of another adventurer's death—at the scene of a murder is a huge shock to body and soul. But just as powerful is the feeling of dread that dampens his cheeks with clammy sweat.

Turk: It was Gale Wind! She was here! She did this...!

Bell and Muller:...!

Bell and Muller's breath catches at those words. Yes, indeed, the name causing all this uproar among the adventurers was none other than Gale Wind.

Turk: I saw it! I saw a hooded elf stab Jan like a crazy person and then run off!

Screams the male werewolf, a resident of Rivira and the first to discover the corpse. As he speaks the name of his deceased acquaintance, he hugs the body, drawing the gazes of Boris and the gathered adventurers.

Turk: I've seen Gale Wind once before, with a bunch of former Astrea Familia members. Those guys were as strong as monsters. Her face was hidden the whole time...but the sky-blue eyes I saw deep inside the mask were the same eyes I saw today!

Rin: Wait, doesn't that mean, he doesn't know who Muller is...?

Muller:...

Perhaps because he is reliving the experience, the werewolf adventurer is shaking from head to toe as he speaks. There's no doubt about it—the description matches hers.

Muller: But I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it.

How could Gale Wind—how could Ryuu—do something like this?

Turk: I'm sure of it! Gale Wind killed Jan!

Just as Muller was about to shoot back, "Wait a minute now!" another adventurer speaks up.

Adventurer 1: Now that you mention it...I saw someone in a mantle running across the fields.

Adventurer 2: Oh, me too! They went straight to the Central Tree...and down onto the floors below!

Muller lost her chance to interject as the witnesses speak up one after the next. It seems that multiple adventurers saw someone who looked like Gale Wind from various vantage points in Rivira, which is carved into a cliff and has excellent views of the surrounding terrain. Bell, Rin, Lili, Welf, Mikoto, and Haruhime—all who know about Ryuu's background—are stone-faced. For some reason, Aisha is silent, too.

Mikoto:...But didn't Lady Lion of the Gale Wind die five years ago? And even if she's still alive, why would she be causing trouble now?

Mikoto asks. She's among those who were won over by Ryuu's struggle, and she's made up her mind to express her doubts.