Chapter 21 - Shoplifting

Start from the beginning

"It's okay. What's the past is the past," I said quietly.

"Awesome!" She squealed,hugging me. I still didn't trust her but I had to put up with her, for Riker's sake.

Behind me Charlie was scowling, and seeing this, Chloe released me and apologised to Charlie, to which she got a very disgruntled, "Whatever," as Charlie walked away and went to go see Rocky.

I started talking to Rydel about how her exams were going, when I felt someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist. Riker.

"Hey," he whispered in my ear, making me smile.

"Hi," I said quietly, still trying to listen to Rydel stress about her next exam.

"And oh my god, I was looking at everyone's notes and I was like "What?! I haven't done nearly this much!" And I don't know anything, I'm going to fail and then it'll be my fault we're not allowed to go on tour and I -" she rambled.

"Woah, Rydel, stop talking!" Riker interjected, trying to hide his laughter.

"Dels, you'll be fine! Seriously, don't worry! You're one of the cleverest people I know and you're going to pass. Just chill!" I tried to comfort.

"I hope you're right," she said, nervously. "Anyway, shall we go?" I nodded and we gathered everyone. We all took the R5 minivan to the mall and when we got there we decided to split up, guys and girls, and meet back in two hours.

"Where shall we go first?" I asked, excitedly.

"Forever 21?" suggested Alexa.

"I love that store!" I exclaimed, at almost the same time as Chloe. Woah. We went in and had a mini fashion show in the dressing rooms. It was so much fun and we couldn't stop laughing. I found myself feeling more and more comfortable with Chloe.

When I came out of the dressing room, I heard Rydel commentating, "And here comes Jessie with a gorgeous white lace skater dress, with long sleeves, and a sinched waist. What do the audience think?"

"Jessie! That is beautiful!" commented Chloe.

"Aw, thanks!" I replied. This was so weird, we were acting like friends.

We went to several different shops after that including TopShop, Zara, and Hollister. I always hated Hollister as the sizes were tiny and made me feel like a lump, but of course Chloe looked incredible in everything she tried on, as did the other girls. We had about half an hour left to meet the boys, so we decided to pop into GAP. Once again, we were trying things on in the fitting room, and I came out in a strapless yellow sundress, which was short at the front and flowed out to the floor at the back.

I heard approval from all the girls, when suddenly I heard a boy's voice. "Woah, you look awesome!" I turned around and saw Adrian standing there, grinning.

"Adrian! Hey! How are you?" I smiled, running up to him and hugging him.

"I'm great, and from the looks of it, so are you," he replied. I chuckled and said, "Thank you. So, what are you doing here?"

"Funny you should ask, actually. I need a white shirt for this party I'm going to on Friday, and I only own one, which is the one I spilt coffee all over," This made me laugh and say, "Should've gotten a frappucino," which in turn, made him laugh.

From behind me, I heard a (not so subtle) cough from Charlie. I turned around and all the girls were sitting there, expectantly.

"Oh, right. Adrian, this is Charlie, Rydel, Alexa, Savannah and Chloe," I said, naming them down the line. "Guys, this is Adrian,"