Power - Chapter 39

Start from the beginning

"She does not know."

"Are you going to tell her?"

"I have no reason to say. She's not doing very well..."

"She pretends. If you keep worrying about our grandmother, when will you live your life?"

The older sister runs her tongue over her front teeth as she says.

"Look at me. I was forced, everything broke and I decided to leave it all behind. Do not be afraid."

"Because you left us, everything got worse." Khun Sam says coldly. But Khun Nueng looks at her and smiles.

"Are you blaming me?"

"I just said what I saw. When you left, all the pressure fell on Khun Song."

"And Khun Song committed suicide."

"So, it was my fault, huh?"

Khun Nueng points a finger at herself and shakes her head disapprovingly.

"My little girl will say that Khun Song committed suicide because of me. Do you understand that? I was used and forced by grandma, the suicide should have been me."

"Do you ever feel guilty?"

"At first, I felt yes. But when I realized that I should stand on my own two feet, I would never go back. The weak will lose. And Khun Song was the weak one."

"Khun Song is gone."

"So Grandma put all her attention on you, my little girl... And now, you have a girlfriend. Wow. What is she going to say?"

"We better go."

Khun Sam gets up as if to end the conversation because she can't confront her own sister. "I was happy to see you here."

"Why such a hurry? Talk more with me. At least let me draw it for you."

Khun Nueng grabs her wrist and looks Khun Sam from head to toe.

"Little girl, you must be very rich. Look at your skin, your clothes. Even if you dress casually, you stand out."

🤍

"I will draw you. Is not expensive. Support me. I haven't had money to buy food for two days."

"Serious? Khun Nueng, haven't you eaten anything yet?"

She looks sympathetically at her older sister. But Khun Nueng is so lively, so she smiles like she wants to say something with her eyes.

"I chose my path. I have to accept. When the time comes, you will decide yours."

Khun Nueng looks at me and smiles, as if she wants to tell me something.

Which...

🤍

The vacations are over. It's time to head back to Bangkok. Since Khun Sam reunited with her sister, she's been quieter. So I try to calm your heart. I don't know how she is, but she looks bad."

What are you thinking? You can talk to me."

"I am worried about Khun Nueng."

Khun Sam keeps looking intently at the track as he talks to me.

"And mad at her at the same time."

"What are you mad about?"

"She is selfish. Left us facing a lot of difficult things here."

"She must have her reasons."

"We all have our reasons. But Khun Nueng is so mean. I understand why she left everything behind." Khun Sam sighs.