War - Chapter 15

So it's war.

Only the winner will be declared the most cute.

After leaving Khun Sam's room, we kept sending figurines to each other like crazy, as if whoever had the most stickers was considered the cuteest. We keep sending stickers until the end of business hours. Now there's only Khun Sam and Me working late because we were too busy before.

We're finally alone in the office.

Doraemon: It's almost 8:00. We must fight again another time.

So I get ready to go home and she immediately leaves the room coughing to get my attention.

"Ahem! Ahem!"

"..."

As we're looking into each other's eyes, I have a flashback to when she bit my lip. I'm still embrassed, so i look away to hide it.

"Are you going home already?"

"Yes, i'm sorry. What about you?" I said,

"Well."

"But it's too late. What time do you get home?"

I look at the watch on my wrist.

"Around 10:00. It will depend on traffic."

"Why do you work so far from home?"

"Why is that?"

"..."

"..."

Oh my god. I shouldn't have asked you that because we're still stunned. I'm so shy right now.

"If you're going to keep working here, why don't you move to the region? It will be safer when you have to leave work late."

"In a mall like this, I don't think I can afford it."

"At least it'll save your fare."

"Bus tickets are cheap."

"It's dangerous."

"The poor human here has no choice. I'm not like you, who can buy anything you want."

"Then I'll take you home."

"My house is too far away. I'm afraid you'll have a migraine on the way while you're driving."

We looked at each other for a moment and embarrassed each other, we look away. Why am I feeling weird about just talking?

It must be what happened earlier.

"We'd better go home now. If we keep talking, it will be later and more dangerous."

"Um."

We walked to the elevator. Along the way, her perfume hits me all the time. We were silent inside the elevator. Although we talked a lot before, now it's very quiet.

"Mon."

"Khun Sam."

Just because I wanted to break the silence, I call her and she calls me right away.

I said, "What?"

"You can speak first."

She seems thoughtful and says:

"It's too late. I think you should..."

"Should what?"

"You should do something to be safe."

"But I'm not going anywhere dangerous." I keep quiet and I don't understand what she means. She makes a noise in disapproval.

"Yes, I suppose."