Reconciliation - Chapter 5

Today my eyes are swollen like a lemon. I cried until 3:00 in the morning. Besides, I have to wake up at 5:00 to get ready to go to work, because I'm afraid I'm late. When my colleagues see me as a zombie, they immediately understand that it must have been because Khun Sam called me in the freezing room yesterday.

"Poor thing. She's just an intern, but she's already been tagged by the boss."

I don't answer and smile falsely. For Khun Sam, she's working normally, but something's changed.

The freezing room, which always has the frosted-up windows, is now set to a lighter mode. That's amazing. And it's the first time I've seen such an innovative wall and it can be altered so that a snap of your fingers. Now without the matte mode, I can see the inside of the room.

Everyone in the room is working focused. No one dares to take their eyes off work because Khun Sam can see all our movements from inside her room. In my case, I'm disappointed and excited to be able to see Khun Sam clearly. But I don't pay attention to her.

There's noise from the keyboards and mice as we work, they want the loud sound to arrive in the freezing room. But I feel like everyone's full of stress and pressured. We're being watched and someone's probably going to go crazy.

A few moments later... Our boss leaves her office with a smile on her face.

"You're working hard today."

This is the first time since I started working here, that I've seen her smile. But everyone in the office is focused. Nobody takes their eyes off their workstations. They're scared to death.

"I'm going to buy you some snacks."

And she leaves the office...

"Ai!... I'm going to go crazy. Aaaah."

Yah, who is sitting next to me, is resting his head in his hands and sighs as if he were sinking into deep water. I look at her strangely.

"Today, Khun Sam seems happy."

"So it means she's not happy at all." Yah answers me seriously. "When she smiles strangely, it means she's in a bad mood. We're definitely going to work late."

Everyone here feels the same way. But joy lasts little. Khun Sam is back, she opens the door with several bags full of snacks in her hands. She shares it with all of us.

"Take it. It's a reward for working so hard for me."

Khun Sam stop at my desk and put some bottles of milk yogurt for me. I just appreciate it.

"Don't you like milk yogurt? I brought only milk too."

She's so weird today, so she puts a bottle of milk on my table. And I just thank you again.

"Suquinho?"

"..."

"Water?"

"..."

"It's drinkable, okay?"

"..."

"Tea?"

Now, there's a lot of drinks on my table. I just nod and thank her. I don't feel anything, I just wonder why she spent more time at my desk than everyone else's.

"What do you like, bunny?"

"I don't like anything."

"Aren't you human, bunny? There must be something you like."

"It won't be good to eat in the office room."

"Really? I don't see any problems."

Khun Sam takes one of the drinks from my table, opens it and puts on a straw. I look at my boss who's still around and I feel like something's going to happen.