In the crosshairs - Chapter 3

Sometimes Tiger hears my prayers. I'm holding Khun Sam and I put her on the couch in the middle of your living room. Acting like a good girl, I run out to buy migraine medicine. This is a good opportunity to get close to her.

"Are you feeling better?"

I kneel by your side while Khun Sam is lying on the couch with her hand on her forehead, trying to hide her eyes from the light.

"I'll get better in a moment."

"I didn't know you had a migraine."

"And why would I have to know?"

Because I'm your biggest fan. Of course I didn't answer that out loud. But when I start answering, I'm interrupted by it.

"Why don't you go home?"

"Ah... Oh. I like to work late after everyone's gone."

"So you came to see me here?" She takes her hand off her forehead, revealing her brown eyes. "Aren't you afraid of me?"

"Why would I be afraid?"

"Haha, I don't know why they need to be afraid of me."

She puts her hand back on her forehead and continues lying in silence. As for me, I'm still on my knees by the couch because I don't know what to say.

Is she falling asleep?

It's been ten minutes... finally, it moves.

"Why don't you go home? How long are you going to be here? I can't sleep." She moves her arm and sighs. "Are you going to be here all night?"

"If I leave, you'll be without company."

"So what?"

"You're going to feel lonely."

She looks at me again with confused eyes.

"You're weird. If I feel alone, what do you care?

"Nothing, no, no, no, no, I'll stay here being your friend."

"It's late now. You're a girl, you should hurry to leave." She looks at her luxurious watch. "Is it eight o'clock?"

"Could you get out?"

"I'm going to stay here."

She disagrees. "Where do you live? I'll take you."

I run to keep her sitting. For a moment we're close, and she quickly walks away.

"Hey, why are you so worried? It's just a migraine."

"You'd better go home. I can accompany you."

"No, I'm staying here."

"So do I."

We're looking at each other like we're fighting. Then she sighs like I'm not listening.

"Do you know where I live?"

"You can tell me."

Even though I'm your biggest fan, I don't know your address because no magazine or article had this specific information. In any case, I'm taking her home today. How could she sleep here without a blanket?

"Can you drive?"

"No, I can't." Her countenance now looks confused. So I hasten to say. "But we can take a taxi. Please tell me where you live."

And after insisting a lot, I finally managed to take her home by taxi. The house is huge, with 3 floors. It has a strange appearance as if it has no one living here.

"Are you staying here alone?"

I look at her whole house as if I'm looking for a house to live. It is huge and luxurious as a palace of novels.