Be your friend - Chapter 4

Silence hangs between us. I'm still confused. Should I tell her or not that we've known each other for a long time? Khun Sam may remember my mother, but not me, a fourth-grade girl.

How?...

Tiger, you need to help me! Please help me again. Should I tell her or not?

Tell...

Don't say...

While I'm still deciding to tell her about Tiger to remember the past, she says something before answering.

"Forget it. It's not important."

The tone of your anasalada voice is loud, but I remain silent. Isn't that really important?

Why did she ask for my history and call me?

"I didn't like the way you got to me."

"Excuse me?"

"I don't know why you have to be good to me. I feel uncomfortable." She crosses her arms and looks seriously at me. "Bought me medicine, took me home, that doesn't mean we're close. Please understand that."

I said, "Sure."

"Don't tell anyone about my migraine. That's all."

I'm so sad and disappointed. Looks like I did something that wasn't enough. But as I turn to leave the room...

She said, "Wait."

"..."

"Last night, I told you to let me know when you got home. Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't dare call."

I answered with the truth. She looks at me without understanding.

She said, "Why?"

"I'm afraid you're going to blame me for trying to be your friend."

"..."

"Can I leave, Chief?

I get grumpy all day. The work that has always been full of joy has been replaced by sadness. Today, I dare not look at the freezing room anymore. When the end of the day comes, I rush to leave and I'm not interested in whether anyone in that room is feeling sick or not.

And there's another surprise today.

I said, "Hey!"

"Nop."

Nop is waiting for me in front of the office. He waves to greet me. Admired eye for my childhood friend. His smile brightens my gray day.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you so sad?"

"I'm just bored."

"Did something happen at work?"

"Maybe so." I look at the smiling boy in front of me and ask a strange question. "Why are you here? Did you leave work early?"

"I had to meet some customers around here. My boss let me go after I broke up. Since it's near your office, I've decided to visit you. First time I've seen this building. It's huge and beautiful."

"There are so many offices to rent in there. My office is not the whole building."

"It's still luxurious."

"Yes, for sure. The most luxurious is my office, not me. I need to take the bus and pay rent from home as usual."

"But today will not be the same. Because you're going to have a friend going home by bus with you. Me, in case!"

It wasn't a bad day at all. At least I won't have to listen to music on my cell phone and go home alone. Today Nop is talking to me on the way, to ease my loneliness. On the bus, during rush hour, it's so hard to stay calm. Horns everywhere show that people are full of anger and stressed by getting stuck in their cars on the road.