I want to - Chapter 24

I look at Khun Sam, she is paralyzed as if many of her internal pains had been ejected from her body.

Finally the day has come. The day she told me about her true feelings for me. For others, 'liking' can represent love or obsession. For her, it's an equation and you need to solve it.

Like = Dislike.

'I like you! Can you understand that?'

So if I solve this equation, it's going to have another meaning...

'I hate you. Can you understand that?'

Painful tears flow from my eyes. Now, I'm in doubt whether I should use my hands to cover my face or wipe my tears. When I fully understand, I lose all my dignity.

"Hmm... I understand. Hhhh."

"Mon!"

I run from the freezing room in the face of the eyes of the others. Khun Sam screams from afar to stop me, but I leave without looking back.

I quit. I can't stand being here anymore. Khun Sam hates me.

Hmm!

[Mon, are you okay?]

I hide to cry in the parking lot while I call Kate, because I don't know who to call to vent. To me, the girls in the P.P. gang are like my close friends. I'm going to tell her everything about what happened to Khun Sam.

"Khun Sam hates me."

[Hmm. What happened?]

"I just handed her my letter of resignation. And she said... Ughh..."

[What did she say?]

"She likes me."

Silence takes over on the other side of the line. Kate doesn't say anything and let me cry alone. Because she's quiet, I call her repeatedly to see if she's still in line.

"Are you there?"

[I'm here... Just stunned... Now I'm even more confused. You just told me you're crying because P.P. said she likes you, right?]

"Kate, you know she's the kind of girl who always does the opposite of what she thinks. Her mind is different from ours. It's abnormal."

[It doesn't work... We need to meet now.]

"I didn't finish my office... But I don't care, I quit anyway. Then I'll find you. Where are you?"

When I remember that I quit, I get grumpy. I end my call with Kate, go back to the office, grab my things and leave while everyone is looking at me with pity.

Since Khun Sam's friends are all rich and own their own companies, they can leave whenever they want. Kate is the one who has the most difficulty going out, because she is an actress, but she manages her schedule to find a space to see me, because she wants to know about me.

Now, we're all in a private location of a Japanese restaurant. Clear... They always pay for me.

"I heard about it from Kate." Tee acts like she's thinking a lot. "I don't think Sam's equation should be used in this situation as usual."

"I agree." Kate's snarbeing her fingers. "I think P.P. said what she was really thinking, she didn't have to put it in the equation."

"I don't want to agree, really. I'm so jealous." Jim looks sad now. "Even if I have a husband now, I feel it."

"Jim, stay on point."

"Okay, okay. I'm going to..." Jim sighs after hearing about it from Tee. "I'm restless because I think Sam's equation is not the same now. This time, I think 'Like = Like'."