Chapter 14

The whole house was quiet, and you were extremely quiet and staring into space.

Jungkook was scared, you were acting different, he hated the universe for letting this happen.

"Baby", he caressed your hands he held the whole time, he wasn't gonna let you slip away.

"I am not giving Ara", you finally spoke up.

"What?", Jungkook asked.

"I raised her, just because she is not mine does not mean I'll give up on her, she is my baby", you looked into his eyes.

"Then what about ours?", Jungkook asked.

A tear slipped away from your eye, you had never met or seen your baby, it broke your heart.

"I'll find it", Mr. Jeon replied instead of you.

"I'll find my grandchild no matter what", he assured.

"Find my baby, please", you asked Jungkook.

"I want him or her, I can't -", you sobbed and Jungkook hugged you as you cried on his chest.

"We will, I'll bring our baby", he caressed your head.

~~~

"Fucking idiots", Junghyun winced and held his arm.

"God, the things I have to go through to have Y/N", he continued.

Junghyun slowly got up with the support of the wall and limped across the wall to get a glass of water.

"Mr. Jeon, you have a visitor", the guard opened the cell door.

"Visitor?", Junghyun tilted his head in confusion and followed the guard to the visitor's room.

"Ten minutes", the guard said letting Junghyun inside and the guard left the room.

"Hyun", Mr. Jeon breathed out seeing his son all beaten up.

"Oh, you remembered me?", Junghyun chuckled sarcastically and took his seat.

"I am sorry", Mr. Jeon apologized not being able to control his emotions. A light sniffle was heard and Junghyun scoffed.

"Cut the act!". Junghyun told sternly.

"I am really sorry for all this, only if I had raised you right", Mr. Jeon sniffled.

"God jeez", Junghyun got up from his seat and walked towards his dad, "Leave I don't want to see you, you put me here", he hissed.

Mr. Jeon knew at that moment it was completely useless talking to him, he was out of his mind. All he could do was pray for him to be okay.

"Fine, I'll leave", he wiped his tears, "But tell me where the baby is?", Mr. Jeon asked.

"Oh, you guys found out?", Junghyun leaned to his dad – face to face.

"Safe and sound", Junghyun replied along with a wicked smirk in his face.

~~~

"Shhh", you rocked Ara as she continued to cry.

"Mom she's been crying for so long", you were worried.

Even though you found out Ara was not your baby, but you never looked at he any other way, you loved her the same way.

"Let's go to the hospital", Mrs. Jeon grabbed her purse.

You noticed Ara's lips turning purple, you gasped as Ara chocked on her sobs.

"Mom!", you called as you felt your heart being ripped open seeing Ara in this state.

"Let's hurry", she got onto the driver's seat as you sat on the other side, driving to the hospital.

"Mom she is gurgling", you shrieked out, Mrs. Jeon pressed on the accelerator, increasing her speed as she drove to the hospital.

"Doctor!", Mrs. Jeon called out as you both rushed in.

"Mom", you sobbed as Ara was unconscious in your arms, "Ara?", you rocked the baby but there was no response.

"Ma'am please lay the baby", the nurse arrived with a stretcher, and you placed Ara on it carefully.

The doctors examined Ara, "To the ICU", the doctor commanded the nurses who nodded pushing the stretcher.

"Is everything okay?", Mrs. Jeon asked the doctor.

"I think she was poisoned", the doctor said.

You let out a loud gasp, this was breaking your heart, who would want to kill a baby who did nothing wrong.

"Please take a seat", the doctor told the both of you and walked into the ICU.

You let out tears and grabbed your phone to dial Jungkook.

You couldn't see clearly but you clicked the emergency button, and the call was taken to Jungkook as you had saved his number as an emergency contact.

"Baby", he spoke.

You chocked out a sob and kneeled on the floor. Mrs. Jeon embraced you from behind and caressed your shoulders to calm you down.

"Ara...", you trailed off.

"Is everything okay?", Jungkook panicked hearing you sob uncontrollably on the other side of the phone.

"Ara was poisoned", you sob and Jungkook's fingers tremble and the phone slips out of his hand, shattering on the ground.