Chapter 26 - Extracurricular

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV.

Lucas knew everything and Evelyn realises that is her mistake for telling him everything when he ran away. Which is why she never told Malia anything. Lucas saying she would run too made Evelyn sure she made the right choice to not tell her.

But she is angry, angry he would say that, angry that he left to begin with. "She wouldn't run." Evelyn argues.

"No? You sure Mum?" Lucas asks.

"You watch yourself, I am still your Mother." Evelyn asks.

"What's wrong with me telling Malia. Maybe she will -"

"What? Agree?" Evelyn replies. "You ran away because you were scared you would hurt her. It's admirable. But joining the death eaters? What could possibly make you think doing that will do anyone any good?"

"I taught you better than that." 

"You didn't tell us anything. Were you ever going to tell us?"

"Of course I would have. When you were sixteen or something. When you finally figured out how to use your own powers. Not when you were eleven!" Evelyn adds.

"How are her powers?" Lucas asks.

"Stronger and harder to control. I'm assuming yours is the same?" Evelyn presumes.

"Yeah." Lucas says.

Evelyn sighs, "I need to talk to Dumbledore."

"About what?"

"Precautions. For you and your sister. I'm not letting you hurt her again." Evelyn says.

"What am I? A disappointment?" Lucas smirks, not caring.

"You look like him. You know?"

"Who? The abandoner?" Lucas smirks.

"Lucas."

"Do I remind you of him because your disappointed? Wish I you had a different son? Like how you would've preferred if Regulus was our Father?"

"Enough." Evelyn says sternly. "I do not want to see you right now."

Lucas stays silent. Evelyn always yells, she always hits them playfully or hard enough for them to get the point. But she has never said that.

"I'm making a decision that I think -"

"No, I'll tell you what this is. It is disrespectful. You are my son, you live under my roof and you think just because you ran away that you can talk to me like that. THat you can talk to your sister or your father like that."

"I'm not a child anymore -"

"Yes but you think exactly like one! You are immature and quick to judge. You have no idea the full story, the full consequences of your actions no matter the intentions. You crossed a line. I thought that the one thing I would have taught you is to put your family first and you let us down. You have disappointed the hell out of me."