Chapter 7 - Uncle Moony

Sugarpie honeybunch
You know that I love you
I can't help myself
I love you and nobody else

3rd Person POV.

Malia sits out by the Willow Tree listening to her new cassette tapes her Mum got her with Archibald sitting on her stomach again. 

"Hey Malia." Ryan calls to her walking up to this spot.

"Ryan, come sit with me. Wanna hear my new songs?"

"Sure. Rosalie's looking for you by the way." Ryan says sitting down next to Malia.

"Ugh, don't tell her I'm here." Malia groans.

"I thought you liked her?" Ryan says, confused.

"We have a complicated relationship. You know how she is. I can't deal right now." Malia sighs.

"Yeah. I get you." he agrees. "I've been meaning to ask you, what happened the other day?" he asks.

"You heard?" Malia asks.

Ryan explains, "Malia, I was there. I was trying to come to help you. But then, you attacked him. And it was obvious you didn't need my help. Then he started choking, EXACTLY after you said - "

"It was just a strange coincidence." Malia cuts him off.

".... Sure it was." Ryan says, not convinced.

"MALIA!" Rosalie yells running up to them. Malia sits up and glares at Ryan.

"She followed me. I swear." Ryan says holding his hands up in defence.

"Hey friends." she smiles.

"Hey...." they both awkwardly say. Archie begins to roll around the grass playing with a butterfly that shows up. No care in the world... lucky him.

"How were your holidays?" she asks, beaming.

"Um, we went to a house my parents own up near Canada." Ryan says.

"Woah, what about you Malia?" Rosie asks.

"I found out more about my Dad." Malia admits.

"Oh, like what?" Ryan asks. Malia wasn't sure if she should tell them. People think her Father is a murderer. She wouldn't have cared before, but now that she has friends she is starting to care more than she thought she ever would. What if people get scared of her because of it?

"Just who he is, how my parents met and all." Malia says, hoping they would stop talking about it now.

"Oh, I love meet-cutes. How did they meet?" Rosalie grins.

"It didn't really end well. So." Malia trails off. 

"Well my holiday was -" Rosalie is cut off by the sound of barking. Archie was growling at the bushes behind the tree. A huge black dog begins to emerge from the bushes. Malia recognises the dog. It was the one from Grimmauld place.

"Get behind me!" she yells out to Ryan and Rosalie, getting to her feet and walking in front of them taking her wand out.

"What? Why? It's just a dog Malia." Ryan says.

"I know this dog. It attacked me." Malia explains.

"When?" Ryan asks, panicked.

The dog begins to whimper limping out. "It's hurt!" Rosalie cries running to its aid.

"Rosalie! No!" Malia runs after her, trying to hold her back. But it was too late. Rosie was already coddling the dog.

Rosalie begins to pet the dog and it pants sticking its tongue out. "It's harmless Malia, look." still petting the dog.