Chapter 24 - TriWizard Competition

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV.

Malia's parents and Remus leaves, they promise them that they would do whatever it takes to find Angelique and stop her evil plans. All they could do was stay in school, stay safe and let them know if they figure out anything or if anything suspicious happens.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay kid?" Evelyn asks.

"I'm okay. I just... can't believe you kept that all to yourself. This whole time Mum." Malia says.

"Kind of hard to trust anyone, when your sister turns out to be a psychopath." Evelyn says, sadly.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that Evie." Sirius sighs.

"This really sucks." Malia says.

"Something big is going on. Angelique showing up, then Lucas." Evelyn says.

"Not just that. There have been signs of You-Know-Who as well. The rise in dark magic use, death eater activities."

We need to find out what's happening. Now." Sirius says.

Evelyn looks at Malia and rests her head on her forehead, "I know this is a lot. I know that I should have told you sooner. But I wanted you and Lucas to have a normal life. Like the one, my parents tried to give me before it was ruined."

"I never... I never thought that ... this would happen. I'm so sorry Leah." Evelyn cries. "I never would have thought... he would do this to you."

"Why would he do this to me?" Malia asks.

"Malia, perhaps it's best for you to not focus on why. Maybe it's time to focus on just getting better." Remus suggests.

"And just... forget about what's happening? I don't... I don't want to. I want to -"

"What? Drop out of school and find your brother? Track down your cousin?" Sirius says. "I know I haven't... been here for long. but I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure you and Harry are safe and get to live out your days in Hogwarts safely."

Evelyn adds, "And I know I've been busy trying to find Lucas and working. But if you need me, I swear I will come back for you in a heartbeat. I know I haven't been the best Mum. But I promise you, there is no one more important to me than you." 

"And what about Lucas? What if he comes back?" Malia asks.

"You call us immediately. He may be your brother. But that doesn't excuse what he did to you." Remus adds.

"He's right." Evelyn nods. "I don't know why, but Professor McGonagall told me you didn't tell the Weasleys about your injuries. A very stupid thing to do. What if you were more hurt? You could have died."

"I just... I wanted to find out why first." Malia answers.

"You can't. And you shouldn't be protecting him." Remus lectures. "Last time, we told you not to find your Father and you did. This time we ask you not to find your brother. I have a terrible feeling that you will."