Chapter 36 - Wanna Dance?

3rd Person POV.

Malia lies in bed unable to function she doesn't know what to do about last night. Does this mean they are dating now? But what if he doesn't even want to date her? What if it was an in-the-moment kind of thing? She tosses and turns trying to sleep.

The light then turns on and she looks at the door to see Lucas. Who is holding a pillow and looks very tired. "Why aren't you sleeping!?!?" he yells throwing the pillow at Malia.

"Leave me alone dickhead." Malia yells back.

"Go to sleep! I have shit to do tomorrow!" Lucas says, leaving.

Malia lies in bed still unable to sleep. All she can think about is Fred and when she will see him next. 

The sun began to rise and Malia gets out of her bed, brushing her hair. She then wears her uniform but is strangely worried about whether she looks presentable or not. She then checks the mirror to see if she looks good checking behind her, over the shoulder and checking to see if she could change the school uniform so that it looks better. 

Ryan then walks in looking at Malia, "Hey, you ready?" Ryan says. They always walk to classes together, so it is obvious to Ryan she is not being her usual self. Usually, she would still be in bed and Ryan would have to drag her out. 

"Um, yeah. How do I look?" Malia asks Ryan.

Ryan is taken aback by this question. Malia always cares about her looks. She likes doing her hair, and her nails and dressing up in the many clothes that she owns. But she has never asked someone else for an opinion on how she looks or what she is wearing.  "Yeah, you look like you always do." Ryan answers honestly.

"No, like do you think I need more lipgloss. Is my hair okay?" Malia asks.

"Um, Malia. We're just going to class." Ryan says.

"Right. Um. Let's go." Malia says, realising how overdramatic she is being.

In Class

It was Charms Class and the class were revising their Summoning Charms, which are most likely going to be in their O.W.L.S. Since Dumbledore cancelled exams because of the Tournament, they are lucky they didn't have to do them until next year. Flitwick however wants to be prepared.

"Where's Rosie?" Ryan asks. Malia shrugs and continues to bite the tip of her wand. A bad habit she tends to do when she was bored.

A student taps Ryan on the shoulder and hands him a note. They then whisper to him, "Pass it to Malia Pierce." 

Ryan then gives the note to Malia. "It's for you."

Malia grabs the note and is about to read it. "Malia. There will be no note passing in class."