Chapter 11 - Love Triangle

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV.

Meanwhile with Malia

She went out to the willow tree where she always went. Malia then begins to pick at the flowers and the grass surrounding there. She then heard a twig snap and spins around. The large black dog then begins to approach her, slowly.

"Hey H.S.S." Malia says. The dog then lay beside her. "We just had parent-teacher interviews. It was.... eventful." Malia says, stroking the dog.

"I think I'm going to get a lecture from my Mum. What do you think?" the dog stares at Malia.

"I don't think I have any food H.S.S. Lemme check." Malia begins to rummage through her bag. She then sees the necklace. She didn't want to leave it around where anyone could take it. She wanted it somewhere close to her, but hidden. 

"Oh, forgot this was here." Malia said, holding up the necklace. The dog then stands up abruptly. The dog then begins to whine. "Woah, what's wrong?"

"Malia! Get away from that DOG!" Remus yells running towards me, holding out his wand. The dog begins to whine even more and eventually runs away. Remus continues to chase after it into the woods.

"Malia! Malia, are you hurt?" Evelyn asks, running up to Malia. She then touches her face checking for wounds or any signs that Malia was hurt.

"What? No? Why would I be?" Malia asks, confused.

"Isn't that the dog that tried to attack you?" she asks.

"Oh, I thought so too. But this one hasn't tried to attack me." Malia explains.

"It looked like it was going to." Evelyn admits.

"Yeah, that was weird. I just took out this .... oh." Malia stops talking realising that this necklace belongs to her Mother. 

"Malia. Polaris. Pierce." Evelyn scolds.

"It's nothing Mum. A jeweller told me about this necklace after he saw the ring." Malia explains.

"What... ring?" Evelyn asks.

Malia reaches into her bag and holds out the ring. "I took your ring on my birthday. I've been wearing it ever since."

"Can I see the necklace?" Evelyn asks.

"Yeah here." Malia holds out the necklace. Evelyn begins to tear up. "It came with a note Mum. It's quite beautiful." Malia says holding out the note.

Evelyn reads it and begins to sob. Remus then comes back, "He's long gone. I can't find any traces... Evelyn, what's wrong? Malia, are you hurt?" Remus asks.

"No, I just gave Mum a letter. From my uncle." Malia explains.

"Evelyn... are you okay?" Remus asks.

Flashback in Evelyn's POV.