Chapter 10 - Rumours

Every time you're kissin' meThrills me from my head to feetAnd I tell myself that deep down insideThere will be no one else for me'Cause I like the way you love me

There will be no one else for me
'Cause I like the way you love me

3rd Person POV.

Parent-teacher evening was approaching and all the students were nervous. But the main talk of the school was Sirius Black escaping Azkaban and trying to find Harry Potter at Hogwarts. 

And dating rumours about Cedric and Malia. Everyone heard about it, and everyone knew about it. Even students like Percy who weren't one for gossip heard about it.

It didn't bother Cedric. Why would it? They weren't talking about him. Malia, however, is having a difficult time. She first noticed the glares from girls and whispers from boys, but never really cared.

She then went to the toilet and heard some girls talking, not knowing that she was listening. "Did you hear that Cedric felt sorry for her, that's why he went out with her?" a girl says.

"Wow, you're telling me she practically begged him to go out with her." another girl laughs.

"He was probably scared that she was going to hex him if he said no. I feel sorry for Cedric. He deserves better." a girl adds.

During class one day she decided to just ask Rosalie and Ryan. "Hey, did you notice that a lot of people stare at me? And ... whisper."

"So you know about the rumours?" Rosalie asks.

"What rumours?" Malia asks.

"Nice going Rosie." Ryan sighs. "It's just rumours." Ryan says.

"What do they say?" Malia asks.

"Just.. the whole choking Duncan thing. Being the daughter of a murderer and things." Ryan says.

Malia feels a bit unsettled that people were saying those things about her. "Well, it's true."

"Leah, we know you didn't try to kill Duncan. We also know that you are Sirius' daughter, but it doesn't mean you're a bad person too." Rosalie adds.

"Rosie's right." Ryan nods.

"And the other things they say are just rumours too." Rosie blurts out accidentally.

"... Seriously Rosie?" Ryan sighs. 'Sorry' she mouths.

Malia asks, "What else do they say?"

"Um..." Ryan says, not wanting to tell her.

"Just.. that... there's a rumour going around that Cedric lost a bet. That's why he's dating you." Rosalie says.

She knows he's out of her league, but she didn't think someone so sweet and nice to her would do that. "It's just a rumour." Ryan reassures her, seeing that it was bothering her.