Chapter 35 - Almost

If it seems that everything is lostI will smile and never count the costIf you love me, really love meLet it happen, darling, I won't care

I will smile and never count the cost
If you love me, really love me
Let it happen, darling, I won't care

3rd Person POV.

"I'm going to take a nap." Malia says, lying down by the fountain.

"We just started studying Leah." Ryan smiles. 

"Then read to me. It'll help make me fall asleep faster." Malia says, lying on Ryan's lap.

Ryan and Rosalie stare at each other before Rosalie begins to get distracted. Ryan follows Rosalie's eye line to see her staring at Lucas.

"Go." Ryan smiles.

"...Ryan." Rosalie says softly.

"Love is rare... who cares if Malia doesn't know." Ryan encourages.

Rosalie hesitates, "What if she's mad at me?"

"She's always mad at you. Besides, if she can forgive him for what he did. I'm pretty sure she'll forgive you too." Ryan points out.

"She hasn't even forgiven him yet. And... what if he breaks my heart?" Rosalie asks.

"You never know if you don't try right?" Ryan smiles.

Rosalie takes a deep breath and gains the courage to stand up and walk up to Lucas and Jackson. "Lucas, can I talk to you?" Rosalie smiles.

Jackson smirks at Lucas and leaves letting him have his alone time with Rosalie. "Sure, what's up?"

"I ... don't think we should... what am I saying. I'm making it sound like we had a relationship, to begin with. Never mind." Rosalie says, thinking aloud.

"Hey, what?" Lucas smiles, holding her back by her hand.

"Okay, that. That you can't do anymore." Rosalie says, taking her hand out of Lucas'

"Um alright. What's wrong?" Lucas asks.

"I just, I think that we should..... Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Rosalie asks.

"Um, well. I ... what?" Lucas stutters.

"Do you?" Rosalie asks.

Lucas tries to answer, "I -"

"Hey Lucas, wanna help me stretch?" a girl approaches Lucas.

"We can't go for practice without you stretching us out like you did last week." another girl next to her smiles.