③①

×3rd person pov×

yeonjun spared a glance at the smaller boy as they made their way through the rows and rows of graves. beomgyu would occasionally stop and lower his head in respect and yeonjun would patiently wait for him, gazing at him with love in his eyes. he would never admit it openly, but he had fallen for the bear like male.

"hey, I'm craving some ice cream, wanna go get some?"

yeonjun asked, carefully watching beomgyus face for any emotion. the younger hid the smile that lifted his lips by distracting himself with the ground.

"sure."

beomgyu finally whispered, but yeonjun found the perfect time to tease.

"speak up, I can't hear you~"

yeonjun spoke, the smile clear in his voice. beomgyu glared up at him, but his eyes were playful.

"sure, your majesty."

beomgyu teased, standing up. yeonjun couldn't keep the smile off his face. beomgyus face slowly fell as a thought struck his head.

"were you making out with a girl?"

he asked, keeping his eyes down. yeonjuns face fell as well. the silence gave beomgyu his answer and he nodded beginning to walk away.

yeonjun panicked and instinctively wrapped his hand around beomgyus wrist, preventing him from leaving.

"let go." beomgyu muttered, trying to pry his wrist away from yeonjuns slim fingers. they didn't come undone, still stuck to beomgyus wrist. yeonjun frowned and pulled him closer, but beomgyu pushed him back.

"no, don't try to lie to me. were you or were you not making out with a girl?"

beomgyu demanded, glaring up at yeonjun. yeonjun sighed and nodded his head, letting his hand fall from beomgyus wrist.

but instead of fleeing like beomgyu intended, he stayed put, curiosity clawing at him.

"why?"

beomgyu inquired, leaning on his tip toes. yeonjun tried to smile, but guilt and nervousness ate away at him.

"curiosity killed the cat, you know?"

yeonjun muttered, raking his hand through his black hair, which fell right back in his face. beomgyu bit his tongue, looking at how tensed yeonjuns face was.

"im not a cat."

beomgyu pressed, leaning completely on his tiptoes. their faces were inches apart, and neither was breathing.

"you're right. you're a baby cub."

yeonjun spoke, keeping his face still. beomgyus heart stopped momentarily and all traces of a smirk fell from his face. his heart, which seemed to work now, beat unbelievably fast.

".. what?"

beomgyu asked, blinking slowly. yeonjun was taken aback at himself as well, not meaning to let the name slip from his mouth. it was too late, but yeonjun thought of an idea.

"yeah, you remind me of a little bear. baby cub."

yeonjun rambled on, rubbing the back of his neck. beomgyu felt a smile tugging on his lips, but he chewed on the inside of his cheek to avoid letting it happen.

"okay then, fox. or should I say little pup."

beomgyu grinned, watching yeonjuns face turn beet red. the older was beyond flustered, not expecting beomgyu to return the name.