×beomgyu pov×

"and where were you?"

the teacher boomed after we had sat down.

I sighed and looked at yeonjun, who had amusement painted on his face. I rolled my eyes and laid my head down, ignoring the huff of annoyance from the teacher.

"sorry mr. minhyuk, he was helping a student that was crying."

taehyun spoke up for me, giving me a look.

I silently thanked him with a nod of my head.

minhyuk tsked and continued on with the lesson.

ו×

I waited for taehyun at the door, bouncing my leg.

taehyun finally came into sight and wrapped his arms around my waist gently, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I know you have yeonjun have been at each other's throats for years."

taehyun spoke quietly, his breath tickling my neck.

"why don't you try to be his frie-"

"absolutely not."

I said instantly, dismissing the idea quickly.

taehyun sighed and let go of me, taking my arm in his gentle hands instead.

I smiled lightly and we made our way out the school.

×3rd person pov×

it was a stormy day out, the dark clouds suffocatingly large. every now and then there would be a distant crackle of thunder.

with the stormy weather, it brought gusts of wind that carried leaves over the horizon.

beomgyu looked up, seeing the dark and swirly clouds that covered up the last little bit of blue sky there was.

a flash of lightning casted an eerie look in the atmosphere, but it quickly disappeared and a small wave of thunder was heard.

beomgyu gripped taehyuns arm tighter, his breathing speeding up with every passing second.

taehyun noticed and moved his hand from his arm, to beomgyus waist.

the older shot the squirrel like boy an uneasy smile and pressed himself closer to taehyun.

taehyun enjoyed the rain and thunder, he loved every glow of lightning, followed by the somewhat loud thunder.

beomgyu hated it, it made him feel small and scared. he would hide under his blanket with his stuffed animal when he would hear the first drops of rain.

normally, taehyun would be right by his side the entire time, holding his hand and comforting him.

taehyun looked at the sky, a small smile on his face when rain hit his cheek.

with being so caught up in daydreaming about the rain, he was unaware to the hyperventilating boy beside him.

beomgyu took deep intakes of breath, trying to calm himself before he had a break down.

his legs froze up with his fear and he stopped abruptly, causing taehyun to stop as well and look back at him.

when he did, his smile dropped and he reached out his arms to cradle him.

"s-sorry.."

beomgyu managed to choke out, cursing his feet for not moving.

taehyun panicked when beomgyu dropped to the ground, his legs unable to hold his weight anymore.