Chapter 19

Meanwhile.

"By any chance, did you hear about that?"

"I heard Lombardi and Angenas collaborated this time."

"I'm looking forward to it! It's collaboration between Lombardi, the gold-breeding tree and Angenas, the Empress's family, it must be great right?"

Everyone was talking about it everywhere. Viese listened to them and shaking in anger from his seat.

"I heard it's a textile business, I wonder what is really is..." A nobleman said to his friends. "They're bringing in some new silk from the West, aren't they?" The other said.

"That's possible. Angenas was originally was a family from the West. If they're with Lombardi, I'm sure they're able to procure it from such a far distance." Viese gripped his hands in anger when he heard about it.

"Damn it. That business was started by me. It was supposed to be mine...!" Viese thought in anger. A hand come to his shoulder. "Viese, my dear." Someone suddenly called his name.

"Other people are watching." The women slowly whispered to his ear as Viese froze when he suddenly realized about it. "Everyone is whispering like that, waiting for you to make a mistake. Are you going to ruin your reputation by falling for such shallow trick?" Selal, his wife said to him.

Selal smiled at him while holding the fan closer to her face. "Why don't we get some fresh air?" Selal said to him.

The two of them walked out from there to the balcony beside the banquet. "Damn it!" Viese angrily slammed his hand in anger once they're away from everyone.

"They knew it was my business and yet they were making such a fuss about it! It's even at a meeting that I hosted!" Viese yelled in anger. "It's time for Gallahan get it. After all, it's just a low-end cloth business." Selal said to him.

"It's just a commoner's cloth, how good would it be even if it worked out?" Selal said to him. "He... He is..." Viese didn't know what to answer by her question.

"That guy from Angenas... He's also stupid. How dare he bring me some clothes like that to bargain?" Viese unknowingly said that without thinking about it. Selal flinched when her husband casually bad-mouth about her family.

"... I can't believe you're speaking ill of Angenas in front of me, an Angenas." Selal thought before smiled at him.

"Yes, if you had gone ahead, you would have been in trouble. Gallahan is the third son and the youngest son who had always been unemployed. There's no way you'll be able to do the right business for the first time..." Selal said while close her fan and stepped closer to him.

"You... Given the opportunity, why don't we start a new and better business with Angenas?" Selal hugged his arm and clinging to him. She smiled at him.

"Don't be anxious, Viese. In this society, Lombardi will always be your name."

Back at Lombardi's mansion. 

"... Wow! What is this cloth?! I want to see it, Dad!" Azalea childishly spread out her arms to take the cloth on the table. She purposely hit the hot teacup to make it spilled.

"Ouch!"

"Lea! Are you okay?! Did you get injured?!" Gallahan quickly grabbed her body away from the spilled tea. Florentia and Rulac also looked at her in worried. Though, Florentia is surprised that Azalea know what is she doing.

"I-I'm fine, Dad but Dad's cloth..." Azalea looked at the spilled tea. "That's it! It spilt on the top as planned!" Azalea thought.

"You can always make the cloth again. It's more important that you didn't get hurt..." Gallahan said in relief that she didn't get injure.