Chapter 17

"What am I going to do? I thought I finally won grandfather's favor..." Azalea gripped her hands while looking down on the floor. She shut her eyes in fear when Rulac's hand coming closer to her as she thought that he will hit her when Azalea feel his hand rubbed her hair in affection.

Azalea opened her eyes in confusion. She looked up at him. "Well done, Azalea. You don't have to listen to the Prince's order. Remember, a Lombardi should act like a Lombardi in front of others." Rulac said to her.

Rulac turned at Florentia and rubbing her hair gently make Florentia surprise. "You too, Florentia. You act like a Lombardi." Florentia looked at him in wide eyes when he said that.

"I'm going to my office now. Take care of Azalea's injury and the children." Rulac said to Shananet. "Yes, Father. Come here, Florentia, Azalea. You must have been surprised. Let's treat you injury then we will go to your place." Shananet said to them. "Yes, auntie." Azalea and Florentia quickly said.

"Did I just get complement...? My behavior was... Lombardi." Azalea and Florentia thought in happiness.

A few hours later.

"How are they?" Shananet asked the knights that brought Azalea and Florentia in their arms. "They're in deep sleep." One of them answered her.

"... Yes, no matter how strong she is, a child is still a child. It is praiseworthy to be able against such a thing." Shananet said while staring at the children.

"No matter how young the prince is, he can't enter the main building without permission. First, lay the children on the sofa." Shananet said as she suddenly heard the stomping from outside. "Yes, Lady Shananet." The Knights said while gently put the children without waking them up.

"Tia! Lea!" Gallahan slammed the door open in panicked. He froze when he saw his older sister. "Ah, older sister..." Gallahan slowly said. "Shh, are you trying to wake them up?" Shananet whispered at him.

"... You must be working." Shananet said after saw that Gallahan was in hurry. "Yes? Yes..." Gallahan tried to take a breath after running around.

"Originally, I want to bring the children to you, but... Now that, we've come to this, let's talk." Shananet said to him. Gallahan slightly looked down. "... Yes, sister." Gallahan obeyed her.

Gallahan put the bunch of papers that he brought before listened to his sister. "I can yell that you're overwhelmed with all the sudden responsibilities. But Gallahan, Florentia and Azalea is still young. They're at age where they needs care." Shananet said to him.

"Are you aware as a father, recently, you've been neglecting them?" Shananet asked him. "... I didn't think well. Even now-" Shananet cut him off when she already know what's he going to say.

"Don't tell me that you're going to quit your job and focus on only Florentia and Azalea now, are you?" Shananet said while glared at him. Gallahan flinched when he got caught. "T-That, how..." Gallahan slowly said. "... What a vulnerable guy." Shananet said to his face.

"... It's true that you were born and raised in Lombardi. But, let me ask you just one question." Shananet said.

"How long do you think Father will stay healthy, Gallahan?" Shananet asked him make he froze. "Sister, that's..." Gallahan quickly said in panicked.

"... Viese is greedy." Shananet said as she knows Viese's behavior. "... I know." Gallahan said to her.

"If you're going to remain laying low like you are now, you might be able to live in peace for the moment. But, Gallahan. When Father's strength weakens, what do you think will happen? This is the only thing that I can do right now." Shananet said.

"Won't you feel sorry for your daughters who was humiliated? Or do you think it will interferes with Viese, who was purposely try to get closer to the Emperor?" Shananet said as Gallahan realized about it.

"Fortunately, you're smart. Your appearance is also well-liked. If you could a little more aggressive, it won't be hard for you to deal with others." Shananet said staring at him as Gallahan stare back.

"While Father is still holding out, build you strength.... And, since you'll be away from home starting tomorrow, send Florentia and Azalea to me." Shananet said stepping beside and glanced at him.

"I don't have much work unlike you, so it's not hard to look after another child." Shananet said make Gallahan looked at her happily. "T-Thank you, sister." Gallahan said make she smiled at him.

"... Well, I'm the children's aunt." Shananet said to him.

Gallahan stare at Azalea and Florentia who was still sleeping on the bed together. His finger gently touched the bandage around Azalea's cheek. "... Tia, Lea." Gallahan softly called their name.

"I'm sorry, Tia, Lea. I thought I was loving you as much as I could along with your mother's share... As a parent, that's not enough." Gallahan slowly said while holding their small hands together.

"I promise, Tia, Lea. I'll protect you two no matter." Gallahan kissed their forehead. His eyes stare at Azalea's cheek before kissed her bandage.

"... I'm sorry, Eris... For breaking the promise. I'll protect our daughter properly this time."

Meanwhile at the same time in the Imperial Palace.

"... You didn't listen to me."

"Prince." Astana froze when his mother's cold voice said to him. The Empress stare at him blankly while fanning herself.

"I'm sure I told you to be careful when you visit Lombardi." The Empress said to him. "I'm sorry, Mother." Astana bowed at her in fear. The Empress closed her fan.

"Soon, the Prince should give a gift as a sign of apology to the Lombardi." The Empress commanded her son. "What? But...!" Astana tried to protest when his mother grabbed his cheek.

Astana groaned when she grabbed with her long nails. "Prince." The Empress slowly called his name. "Yes... Ugh, Mother." Astana slowly said. The Empress smirked at him slightly.

"It was very humiliating today, wasn't it?" The Empress said to him. "... Yes, it was." Astana looked away from her.

"What made the Prince feel so humiliated?" The Empress asked him. "Well, I'm the Crown Prince and I'm going to rule the Empire in the future. But, they..." Astana slowly said while gripped his hand in fear.

"They acted as if they were the masters of this Empire, right?" The Empress said while smiling to him.

"Lombardi family is like that. They have lost their respect towards the Imperial family, they believe only in that meager amount of money." The Empress tried to brainwash her own son. "Respect..." Astana slowly said while staring at her.

The Empress kissed his forehead before whispered to his ear. "So, don't forget what happened today, Prince." The Empress said before get away from him.

"And that child, Azalea. She'll be yours in the future. After all, everything in the Empire is yours, Prince." The Empress said to him.

"I'll make them happen at all cost. That's why you only need to listen to me." The Empress let him go and smiled at him. "... Yes, Mother." Astana smiled at her when she said that.

"Azalea Lombardi, you'll be mine soon..." Astana thought while inside his mind thinking about Azalea was imprisoned inside the cage.