Chapter 6

"... You mean to say that Lady Florentia borrowed that book?" Clerivan slowly said after Rulac finished talking.

"Yes. What do you think, Clerivan?" Rulac asked him. "There must be a misunderstanding something." Clerivan said.

"Hah... And why do you think that?" Rulac sighed loudly. "<The People of the South> is a professional text that was strictly meant for research purpose." Clerivan said.

"There's no way that Lady Florentia, who hasn't surpassed ten years of age, would read it. Wouldn't it be more plausible to assume that she picked it because the cover managed to catch her attention? It's a deep green, so she may have mistaken it for a fairy tale books." Clerivan said to him.

"Normally, that would be the case, yes." Rulac flipped open the book while talking with him. "... Are you saying that Lady Florentia isn't normal?" Clerivan slowly catches what his meant.

"Not only her. Azalea too." Rulac said as Clerivan become more confused. "Lady Azalea?" Clerivan said as an image of Azalea appeared in his mind. The young girl who seemed timid and shy around everyone.

"... Why her?" Clerivan asked him. Rulac take out the mana stone and opened it. The voice from the children come from it. Clerivan listened to it and widened his eyes when he heard Azalea's voice.

"So, how about it? She's also not normal like her sister." Rulac closed it and stare at the earring from Azalea. He put it on the table before clasped his hand and stare at Clerivan.

"I called you here to figure that out." Rulac closed the book and looked at him.

"Let Florentia and Azalea join in on the lessons with other children from now on." Rulac said to him. Clerivan was surprised by it.

"... My Lord. I've already said this before, but Lady Florentia and Lady Azalea is far too young. A child of their age would find it hard just to stay still for long periods time." Clerivan said to him.

"Well... That only applies to normal children." Rulac chuckled at him. "... What exactly are you trying to confirm, My Lord?" Clerivan asked him.

"... Florentia's mother was a nomad. She was truly a beauty, but other than her appearance, she didn't have any unique traits." Rulac said as Florentia's expression from earlier appeared in his mind along with the young lady that looked like her.

"... Same as Azalea. Even though, she's come here when she was baby and her own mother who suddenly disappeared. Eris, Florentia's mother twin sister. I once met her and can saw the same attitude from Azalea. They're truly daughter and mother." Rulac said smiling at the memories from the past. Clerivan stare at him.

"That's why I didn't pay any attention to them as well, I admit it. But from what I saw today..." Rulac said looking at Clerivan.

"I have a feeling someone worthy has finally inherited my blood properly." Rulac said. "It can't be." Clerivan thought.

"They're just children who's no different than others." Clerivan thought, staring at Azalea and Florentia in front of him. The two of them looked at him cutely.

"... Hello, My Ladies. My name is Clerivan Fellet. I'm in charge of teaching the children of Lombardi's family." Clerivan said bowing down at them.

"I'm sure that Lord Rulac is just mistaken." Clerivan thought.

"... Understood. However, I will be administering tests of my own to pinpoint the exact level of their intelligence. If they fails to meet my expectations, then I cannot permit them to take part in my lessons, even if you order to do me so." Clerivan said to Rulac.