Chapter 12

"Remove the tarp-!"

"Hmm..." Clerivan rubbed the cloth while thinking about it. He turned at Croiten and Viese.

"What's the material of this cloth?" Clerivan asked them. Croiten was surprised by sudden question. "Huh? Ah, w-well, you see... They were woven together using coroy threads." Croiten nervously said.

"Coroy...?" Clerivan said. "It's a type of fabric that's traditionally used in the South. Sir Croiten here acquired them for us." Viese stepped in.

"You acted all high and mighty, but it seems like you don't know all that much either." Viese arrogantly said make Clerivan annoyed by him.

Rulac stepped closer and touched the cloth in silence. "Hahaha! It's totally understandable that he did not recognize it." Croiten proudly said

"This may be one of our traditional fabrics, but it's only used in the South, so it's not well-known elsewhere. But new things are always bound to attract attention! I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile investment." Croiten said. "... Is that what you think?" Rulac said after he finished thought about it.

"It's a shoddy business, and their products are hardly worth selling. The Empress must've started this business to generate funds to use for bribery. To think this was the best she could come up with..." Rulac thought.

"Viese, that brat, must've getting all worked up at the thought of becoming closer with the Empress without even considering whether the business would be successful or not..." Rulac thought.

"If it's fails, not only we will have to take responsibility for it, but he'll also have to face the wrath of the Empress." Rulac thought. "Viese, this business-" Rulac tried to say something when the voice of children suddenly can be heard.

"Woah! There's so much cloth here!" Florentia popped in at there. "Really?! I want to see it too!" Azalea said beside her. Everyone was surprised to see them at there.

"Florentia? Azalea?" Rulac slowly called for their name. Azalea and Florentia turned at him and smiled widely. "Grandfather!" Azalea and Florentia run towards him.

"Ahem... We adults are talking about businesses, so go somewhere else and play. Shoo!" Viese said to them but nether they ignored him. "Wow! I thought I heard your voice! It really was you!" Florentia hugged Rulac's body. "Grandfather, I miss you!" Azalea happily said.

"Did you two come here because you heard me?" Rulac said to them. "Yes, we was on a walk with Dad!" Azalea said. "I heard the instructor's voice as well, so..." Florentia said. Viese was trembling in anger when they ignored him.

"What's all this, anyway? There's so much of the fabric here in one place!" Azalea said in delight. Rulac bring her in his embrace while rubbing Florentia's head. "This is coroy, a fabric made from a type of grass. We were in the middle of discussing whether we could sell this and make a profitable business." Rulac lift Azalea to his arms.

"Oh, I seeeee..." Florentia happily said. "Profitable? Pfft. This is bound to fail...!" Azalea thought while smiling brightly.

"In the past, the Lombardis, who had agree to this business plan all too quickly without knowing any of the product's qualities, ended up wasting a great amount of money without gaining any profit. As a result, they were suffered a huge monetary loss and become the laughstock in the business field for a long, long while." Azalea thought.

"I want to try touching it too!" Azalea leaned to the cloth. "It's dangerous to lean over like that, Azalea." Rulac warned her. Florentia glanced behind.

"But even if I pointed out of the flaws in their business plan, no one would listen to a kid like me. The only person who can step in is..." Florentia thought. Someone grabbed the tree in tiredness while tried to taking his breath after running after them.