Sabo x Reader x Ace. Letting go.

-AN-
Third time lucky? I've tried to write two other fan fics before this, and both were a bust. Damn it...if I'm suffering writers block...

Song~ This Is Gospel- Panic! At The Disco.

*writes listening to opening 14*
*silent tears*

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Please, (Name)..."

"Sabo... I..."

The blond rested his head against the girls. Tears streamed down his tan cheeks, desperation filling his voice and making it crack.

The girl opposite him was also crying. She didn't know what to do...

"I know you loved him...But I know you love me, too! Please...I'm begging you..."

He breathed, struggling to maintain control of the sobs building at the back of his throat.

It hurt.

He loved his brother. A lot. But right now, he was the barrier to the happiness that could mend his broken heart.

And let me tell you now: Broken hearts, beat only in pain.

She opened her mouth,hoping the words just flow out. Even though she didn't know what words she was trying to speak.

She loved Sabo. A lot, it was no secret. But when her heart had previously been bound with that of his brothers... It was hard to move on.

Eventually, she broke. She hugged the boy close, and cried. Sobbing violently into his neck, she could only repeat two words;

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry...."

The oxygen left her lungs. Vanishing, leaking out like her lungs were no more than balloons. She struggled to stay conscious, gasping for air. Eventually, she lost control. And passed out.

~Dream~

Sitting up, the (h/c) found herself in darkness. A black nothingness that stretched far beyond her vision. It was suffocating.

Quickly scrambling to her feet, she rotated on the spot. Fear plaguing her mind like a disease. Within this darkness, she felt alone. Stranded. With no door, no light, she felt trapped.

Heaving in the limited supply of air, she began to feel dizzy.

When, as if by a miracle, a white light exploded before her eyes. Even though it was blinding, it offered comfort. It was warm. Licking at her body like a flame.

She shielded her eyes with her forearm, turning her head away.

A muffled echo resounded within the nothingness, it... sounded like the sympathetic utterance of her name.

Dropping her arm slowly, she squinted into the light. The robust figure of a man was outlined faintly. Rubbing her eyes, she continued to focus her vision onto the figure, until her (e/c) pools finally registered the man.

"A-Ace?"

Smiling softly, the male nodded.

"Yeah... It's me, princess."

That nickname. It was breathed in such a soothing way, it warmed her heart. Tears sprang from her eyes as she ran forward, tugging the raven-haired boy into a hug.

"Hey, hey. Shh, it's alright."

Calming circles were traced into her back as the raven kept a tight grip on his own water-works.