Kid x Reader. Rejected.

-AN-
Alright guys, you have a devil fruit in this fanfic. My imagination sucks big time, so I kinda just turned the ability of the reject and impact dial into a devil fruit.... Sowwy about my lack of creativity :c.

What changed?

You wonder to yourself as you watch your captain.

I used to hate him...

Thoughts of your old emotions and memories with your captain slice through your brain. You chuckle softly. Oh how times change...

~1 year ago~

"Get. Off. Me."

You growl, eyes as sharp as daggers as they cut into the lusty silver ones opposing you.

The man who currently had a firm grip on your wrist, chuckled.

"C'mon darlin'. I'm just asking for a bit of fun..."

"And I'm saying no! Now you can either get the fuck off of me, or I can make you."

His eyes widened for a brief second, before narrowing angrily.

"Don't go getting cocky."

He spat, gripping your other wrist and shoving you against the wall.

You rolled your eyes, before twisting your wrists expertly from his grubby hands. Afterwards, you placed your hands on his chest, left on top of the right. His entire body froze.

"What the-"

"Devil fruit power."

You shrugged, grinning.

"Reject!"

A pulse of energy came rippling down your shoulders, past your elbows,wrists, where it exited your hands in a lethal blow that sent the man flying.

Once you were happy that he wouldn't be getting back up, you scoffed, and made your way out onto the bustling main street.

Cutting through the swarms of people like a salmon up stream, you quickly made your way to the docks, where you were hoping to get a boat somewhere. Anywhere.

However, just as you arrived, you ran straight into the chest of a rather muscular guy. His hair a shocking red, his lips looked as if they had been painted.

"Watch where you're going."

He growled, his blood red eyes narrowing.

You nodded, having no interest in getting into another fight, when you could be sailing away from this place.

However, as he snarled and walked passed you, you mumbled an incoherent reply under your breath. The squeaking of boots on the dock stopped.

Sighing, you turned. The man with red hair glared at you.

"Excuse me?"

He hissed, flexing his metallic arm in a threatening manor.

"I said, you watch where you're going."

The men surrounding the red haired guy immediately leaped in front of you.

"Captain, don't hurt her!"

"She clearly doesn't know who you are!"

You drew your eyebrows together.

"Actually, I do. You're Eustass 'captain' Kid, right?"