Shanks x reader. Heat.

-AN-
Basically, I was reading some fan fics, and I realized... it hasn't even crossed my mind to write one for my favourite red head! *drops head onto desk, while Chopper screams for a doctor* Lol. Anyway, without further ado... onwards! *points forwards inspirationaly*

You were walking idly around the ship, bored. Not something that happened easily, considering how lively the Red Haired pirates were. But you'd all been at sea a long time now. Everyone was bored. Everyone was hot. Everyone wanted land.

It was a blistering hot day, and everyone was either walking around half naked. Or sitting alone in their rooms...naked. You, however, were one of the many bored to tears and close to a KO. (Knock out ;))

One thing was keeping you entertained, however. And that was the assorted comments you were receiving from everyone. Considering the fact you were in short-shorts and a bikini top, hair done in a pony tail and an ice-lolly hanging from your mouth.

Yassop had said; "Holy smokes, (y/n)! Why don't you show me your sharp-shooting skills and aim that ass over here!"

A remark you found humorous. Humorous enough to hit the perverted bastard over the head for, before planting a sneaky kiss on his, now throbbing, head.

Benn had just grinned approvingly, something that made you blush heavily and zoom off somewhere else from embarrassment.

And Lucky-Roo.... well, he had compared you to a curvaceous piece of meat he'd take a bite from any time. A statement that made you recoil somewhat.

Others in the crew had also thrown a few comments here or there. Some of them made you lash out, others made you blush, and some were simple compliments on your good looks.

One person, however, had yet to say anything to you. And you were grateful for this. Unbeknownst to everyone, you harboured a crush for your captain. You weren't going to lie, and say it was a small crush. Because you knew it wasn't. It was bordering on the lines of being in love with the man.

Just something about his loving and caring personality. And the ability to switch to intimidating and ruthless in a heartbeat. That, coupled with that vibrant red hair and those three scars that scream, 'I'm a dangerous man, fight me if you dare.' It got you. Right in the heart. Every. Single. Time.

In dire need of a cool drink, you dragged yourself to the kitchen where you found your captain. Sat in a chair, head back, balancing a towel with ice on his forehead. He hadn't noticed your presence, due to your light steps. (If you're heavy footed, just go with it. I am too. )

Sighing and smiling to yourself, you walked to the fridge where you grabbed two sake bottles, opened them, crushed some ice into them, and sat opposite Shanks. Who had, by then, noticed your presence.

You slid a bottle to him, a gesture he replied to with a grin and a wink. You simply blushed, looking away and gulping your sake.

"So, (y/n)," he began, grabbing your attention. You turned to him, a small pink dusting still present on your cheeks.

"I've heard the majority of what the fellas have been saying to you." He grunts, face unusually devoid of emotion.

"You have? What do you think? Most of the comments were clever, I say." You grinned, mind racing with all of the comments you had received that day. Feet swinging childishly, as you looked upwards in thought.

"I don't approve." He frowned, sake slamming down onto the table as he shoved out his chair. Before you had time to lay notice to what the hell was going on. He was leaning over you, his one hand on your thigh. (Other in a monsters belly far far away. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Carry on!)

His face was scant millimetres from your own, and your heart raced as his eyes dropped from your own to your lips. They quickly met your own again, and narrowed.

"Let me make one thing clear, (y/n). I'm a possessive man. And what's mine, is mine. You fall high under that category, and I don't intend on sharing you. Got it?"

He growled, not leaving any time for you to respond before slamming his lips onto yours. Your eyes flew wide, heart beating a drum roll as he leaned further into you. As you became accustomed to the situation, you slowly kissed back and splayed one hand out against his chest, the other gently resting on the back of his neck to play with a few strands of hair. You couldn't hold back a moan as his teeth gently nibbled your lower lip, and you quickly parted them to grant him access.

When he pulled away, your face was flushed and you were panting. A sly smile appeared on his face as he quickly stole another kiss.

"Don't misunderstand, (y/n). This isn't because of the heat. I've wanted this for a while now."

You nodded breathlessly, before returning your gaze, once again, to his. You could see many emotions in his eyes. Domination,passion,love,lust.

"Shanks?"

You breathe, fighting back the urge to smirk.

"Mhm?"

"One of the fellas asked me something before, and I can't help but want to ask you too."

"Oh? And what would that be, love?"

By now, the diabolical grin has claimed your lips. You can't help it. You have to say it.

"Is it hot in here?"

A knowing grin spread across the captains face.

"Or is it just you?"

-AN-
Few! I'm done! Finally! I'm done! *drops phone and walks away*

Shanks: Hey! Where are you going?! You have to write more! Come back!

Author: I'm done!

*the distant slam of a door is heard, as well as one last muffled 'I'm done.'*

Shanks:...Thanks for reading, guys... Erm... I'm gonna go and get her, you go and do whatever... ja ne! (See ya!)