Law x Reader. It's only medical research.

-AN-
Alright, I updated school days so I can write this now. I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm thinking about updating this one day, then school days the next and on and on like that. It makes things easier and should regulate the updates. Thanks for the support guys, and being patient with me. Anyway, enjoy! I love writing for Law, so this'll be fun.

"Laaaaaaw~"

The dark captain cringes inwardly at his position by a small surgical table. Don't get me wrong, he loved the sound of your voice, not that he'd ever admit it aloud, just not when it was used in a pitch that made it painfully clear you wanted something.

Sighing, he rooted his feet to the spot as you crashed into his back, looping your arms around his torso. Honestly, how he fell for such a childish brat as you was beyond him. It was quite freaky, to be honest. You acted so much like the strawhat, and Law couldn't stand him... So what did he see in you? He questioned himself this, all. The. Time.

"(Y/n)-ya, I have told you multiple times. You are not aloud in this room without permission."

He grumbled, placing the scalpel that was in his hand, down on the small metal tray to his left. Your arms gripped tighter, and he froze when he heard a small sniffle behind him. Quickly, he whipped around in your arms to see your eyes glossy with tears. He couldn't stand it when you cried. It made his cold heart even colder.

"(Y/n)-ya."

His voice was gruff, but comforting. You retracted your arms, using the back of your right hand to whipe your eyes. Embarrassed, your eyes fell to stare at the floor.

"What's wrong?"

He asked, the question almost demanding. You shook your head and looked to your left, avoiding those piercing gray eyes that somewhat reminded you of a hungry wolf. Sharp, cold, confident. With the added ability to make any enemy freeze in fear. Well, if the sound of his name didn't frighten them away first.

"Answer me."

He growled, lightly gripping your chin and lifting your head to look him in those crippling ash-gray eyes. You swallowed thickly, fighting against the lump in your throat. It wasn't like you were scared of voicing your problems, not at all. You...just hated being a bother. And much like the strawhat boy, you masked your doubt with a big grin. However, you took a deep breath, and stated what had been on your mind for months now.

"L-Law... it's just... I know you're my captain, and you're always busy. It's one of your responsibilities to keep everyone aboard in line, but... we never spend any time together! We've been dating, what, a year now? The only thing we ever do together is sleep in the same bed! Please, can we...just... do something? Just us, for once?"

Law was quite shocked by your reply. He knew you were an intelligent girl, you...just never seemed to show it. To put it nicely. But for once, your answer was quite reasonable and intellectual. As opposed to your normal, 'play with me, you big stick in the mud!'.

Sighing, he nodded. Your old, playful demeanour came back, and you squealed happily. The dark captain couldn't help the small, second long smile your actions induced. When he frowned.

"However, (y/n)-ya, I don't know what you expect us to do together thousands of feat below the surface of the ocean."

You stopped dead in your tracks, and placed your index finger and thumb to your chin. You thought and thought, until eventually a small red hue settled on your scrunched-in-thought face. Something Law found ridiculous and cute at the same time.

Your body burst into life as an idea came to you, and you quickly hurried to Laws small surgical table.

"Well, we could to some experiments together! It'd be killing two birds with one stone, we'd spend time together, and you'd get work done!"