32 | Agreeing to hell

...

"Fight it or accept it.
Fear it or control it."

...

"You couldn't have charged your phone before showing up? Or borrowed one to call?"

Ian rolls his eyes at Noel's whining, having been hearing it all night, the same complaints over and over again since the minute they showed up. "Noel, enough."

"No, they are not going to give us another chance! You ruined it!"

"You're one to talk. Aren't you the one who told them to come?" Jayden points out.

"Without even asking the twins if it's alright if we came." Xander adds on, snorting at the glare Noel throws their way. "Hey, don't look at us like that, this is all your fault."

Noel shakes his head, his frustration clear as day as he starts to gather his things, pulling on his jacket before shoving them into his pockets.

"Where are you going?" Ian asks.

"To see the twins and try to talk, explain myself." He answers through irritated mumbles, patting down his pockets to feel for his phone, not sure if he had grabbed it with the rest of his things. "If i could find my phone, that is."

His answer catches Phoenix's attention and he looks over, watching Noel search for his phone from his place at the window, sitting in a chair as he observed the world on the other side of the glass, lost in his thoughts. "Why would you do that? That's only going to make things worse."

"Because i need to apologize and let them know what really happened-"

"No, you don't." He shakes his head. "Not yet, at least."

"What do you mean 'not yet'? This is too important to wait." Noel huffs, unable to see where his brother was coming from.

"No, Phoenix's right, you gotta give them time to get over it." Xander pipes up, shoving Jayden away from him when the younger brother tries to peek over his shoulder at his phone. "Stop." He warns, moving further to the edge of the bed they were laying on and turning his screen away.

"Why? What're you hiding?" Jayden pokes, becoming nosy in his lack of entertainment.

Phoenix ignores his brothers bickering as he looks back to Noel, neglecting telling him that his phone was on the other side of the room, sitting on the desk, wanting to buy himself some time to get through to the stubborn man. "Like Xander said, they need some time to process."

"They have had all night to process." Noel argues, moving on from searching the bed and scanning the room, eyes finding his phone on the other side of the room. "Now, it's time to talk things out."

"No, now is the time to back off." Xander says, giving up pushing Jayden away and just moving to lay on the other bed. "Give them space, let them get over all that anger and whatever else they're probably feeling."