20 | Demon and her KitKat

...

"I'm not opinionated, I'm just always right."

...

"There's a cat

"There's a cat..." Wes drawls out, standing in the doorway of the apartment with Willow by his side.

"Yeah, i can see that, captain obvious." Willow says, her head tilted to the side as she stares at the furry creature that lays on their couch.

Wes rolls his eyes. "But why is there a cat in our livingroom?"

Willow shrugs, dropping her bag on the floor as she walks through the livingroom, heading towards the window at the end of the hallway where the fire escape is located. "Window's open." She points out. "Probably just climbed in."

"Ok, well we need to get it out before-"

"Kitty!" Skyla cheers running past her big brother and straight to the kitten.

"Before that happens..." he sighs out watching the little girl stare at the animal in awe, reaching up to pet it. "No, wait, Sky, we don't know if that's a nice cat or a mean one and it could have something bad... like... what if it has... i don't know, fleas?" He looks to his twin for help.

She rolls her eyes at her twin, mumbling to herself about how clueless Wes can be. "Don't touch it yet, Sky." She tells her little sister, picking the girl up and propping her on her hip while she looks over the cat. "It doesn't have a collar." She observes.

"And?" Wes says, not seeing the point in her words.

"Looks clean too."

"So what?"

"So, it probably has an owner." She sighs. "Maybe we should ask around the building to see if it belongs to anyone?"

"No!" Skyla exclaims, a frown on her face as she looks between her two older siblings with hopeful, puppy dog eyes. "Can we keep him? Please?!"

Wes sighs and shakes his head. "Sky-"

"Please?!" She repeats, her tone pleading and bordering on begging territory. Willow stays silent, deciding to let her brother take the lead with this situation. She was the one who usually had to take charge and tell the little girl no, and so she decided it was his turn to meet the 'demon' side of their sister -a side Willow as seen too often for her liking.

"Skyla, he might have an owner-"

"No!" Skyla pushes her botton lip out into a pout.

"No what?" Wes raises an eyebrow.

"No!" She repeats. "T- They no care, they loose him. Mine now." She concludes, eyebrows furrowed slightly as she glares at her big brother in attempt to look scary and serious when in reality she looked like an adorable baby bunny, making the situation all that more amusing to Willow who bites her lip to hold in a laugh.