02 | Hair dye

...

"Disappointed but not surprised."

...

Willow's POV

Willow's POV

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Wes asks in disbelief as we watch our mom walk down the hallway towards her bedroom with us following closely behind. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going down to Chicago to see a friend for a few weeks, maybe find some work over there." She explains picking up her already packed travel bag.

He shakes his head. "You went there two months ago and found nothing so there's no point in going now. Besides, we need you to stay here and sober up so you can come to school tomorrow for Willow."

She furrows her eyebrows. "Why would i do that? She's just going to get in trouble again anyways."

I roll my eyes. "Gee thanks for having faith in me mom."

She smiles sarcastically at me. "Any time honey."

I open my mouth to tell her off but Wes cuts in. "Mom please, she didn't do anything and if she gets suspended again they could expel her."

She shrugs. "That's not my problem, I'm more concerned with-"

"Drinking? Yeah we know." I glare at her and she returns it.

"No." She denies. "I'm more concerned with getting some money for us."

"If that were true you wouldn't be going to Chicago to 'find work' because Vince wouldn't let us move away with Skyla and we would never leave her." I state knowing why she is really going to Chicago again.

She rolls her eyes. "You don't know what you're talking about Willow, I'm trying to find a job and if that involves moving then so be it."

"Yeah and what about Skyla?"

"She would come with us."

"Vince wouldn't allow that and we all know it from last time you tried to move us out of the city."

"Well I'm sure we could work something out."

I shake my head and clench my jaw as i feel the anger piling up. "Can you please just stay for another day?"

She groans. "Willow i can't, I'm sorry but you're just going to have to figure this one out on your own."

"We always have to figure it out on our own mom!" Wes shouts. "Just help us out for once."

"Weston enough." She demands. "Work is more important than prolonging your sister getting expelled."

"She didn't do anything!"